What's new

Homebrewers - Whats Fermenting?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Farmhouse Brewing. I think the hops are called experimental # 331 or something like that.
Hey, I got that email. I should have placed an order as well but were kinda all over the place brewing random things trying to dial stuff in so haven't been able to figure out what we need when.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Was visiting a buddy of mine yesterday that's the brewmaster for one of the new FL breweries and got to have a cool conversation about the new IBU testing methods. Also got to try an Amber they tweaked the IBU on using the iso30 extract and was impressed how smooth it was. Basically the smooth bitterness you get from late hopping but in a nice extract form that you can use to spike the fermenter with to keep the IBUs consistent batch to batch. If your interested in reading a little more about the testing give this pdf a read....

http://www.hopsteiner.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/TQ-53-3-0808-01.pdf

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have 5 Gallons of the BOTL RIS that have been sitting on Buffalo Trace soaked oak cubes since I left Minnesota in July. Can't wait to see what this taste like when I get back in May. Might need to mellow out a little bit but it will be cool to try side by side with the regular BOTL RIS.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So my RIS started at 1.105 and has stalled at 1.030. It tastes good and only slightly thick to me. I've never had this beer finish this high. Trying to decide if I'm gonna pitch some champagne yeast or if I'm gonna roll with it.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
5 gallon batch of cyser mead!

4 gallons of unpasteurized apple cider, 10 pounds of clover honey, 2 1/2 pounds of buck wheat honey, and EC1118 yeast.

Joins my other 2 batches that have been sitting for 2 months.

hmmmmm this fermented for 2 weeks and stopped bubbling, no way it could be done ya?