What's new

Homebrewers - Whats Fermenting?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I request the source of the nibs. Local? Online? nobody near me seems to carry them anymore
I bought them at a local tree hugger store called Sprouts. Any specialty health food type store should carry them but they are hard to find. A quick check of amazon turns up a ton though if you plan ahead and like easy.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Big ol RIS just tapped. Apparently it doesn't take as long to carb 2.5gal as it does to carb 5gal which makes total sense if I would have thought of it (brew partner and I split the 5gal). Coffee is very strong on the nose but pleasant on the flavor. Cacao nibs definitely come through and the bourbon is just a small hint in the background. Love this beer

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been busy lately and just realized I haven't checked in around here in a bit. Ive been gletting a lot of brewing done. Brewed my first ~2bbl batch of Watermelon Berliner and a new IPA, made some changes to our Hef, and am getting ready to keg an APA made with a new exp hop. My first lager, a Helles, also came out really nice. It's still lagering out but I'm happy with it. Next up is a Dortmunder.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Big ol RIS just tapped. Apparently it doesn't take as long to carb 2.5gal as it does to carb 5gal which makes total sense if I would have thought of it (brew partner and I split the 5gal). Coffee is very strong on the nose but pleasant on the flavor. Cacao nibs definitely come through and the bourbon is just a small hint in the background. Love this beer
what..is...happening...here? whatever it is is looks delicious

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Overcarbonation causing the foam to cascade like it was on nitro. It's very tasty unless you don't like coffee, but you have to wait for the foam to die down and it to warm some to really get the most out of it.
had Founders Breakfast Stout on nitro @ Founders over thanksgiving weekend . . . perfection

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Brewed up a brown Porter today as part of a scale up contest with our LHBC. It's a style I've really come to love, I think it's the brown malt. Also put a NE IPA on tap earlier this week and so far seems to be getting good reviews. Unfortunately though my first full scale batch of Berliner came out smelling like Parmesan lol. Not as bad as my first handful of attempts at home though as it tastes great, just too much funk on the nose. Luckily I know better at this point and sort of expected it so I'm only doing extract trial runs while I dial things in!!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Brewed up a brown Porter today as part of a scale up contest with our LHBC. It's a style I've really come to love, I think it's the brown malt. Also put a NE IPA on tap earlier this week and so far seems to be getting good reviews. Unfortunately though my first full scale batch of Berliner came out smelling like Parmesan lol. Not as bad as my first handful of attempts at home though as it tastes great, just too much funk on the nose. Luckily I know better at this point and sort of expected it so I'm only doing extract trial runs while I dial things in!!
Brown malt is delicious. If you don't like it, you are wrong.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Kegged up that Brown Porter today and I'm digging the way it turned out. Full of roasty and toasty brown malt goodness. Also pasteurized my second full scale attempt at a Berliner and no hints of cheese this time lol! Just that clean Arnold Palmer-esque character. Having this down makes dumping the 2bbl test run every bit worth it.