What's new

Homebrewers - Whats Fermenting?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I always heard them as Corny Kegs
Oh yeah, that too and probably more often. The Pepsi kegs are what they refer to as "ball lock" which is the post type. There are Coke kegs out there that are "pin lock" posts and they are not nearly as desirable and harder to get parts for. Once you have the kegs you are going to need lines, connections, faucets, a regulator, and a co2 tank. It's a bit of an investment but is worth it if you ask me.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Oh yeah, that too and probably more often. The Pepsi kegs are what they refer to as "ball lock" which is the post type. There are Coke kegs out there that are "pin lock" posts and they are not nearly as desirable and harder to get parts for. Once you have the kegs you are going to need lines, connections, faucets, a regulator, and a co2 tank. It's a bit of an investment but is worth it if you ask me.
Be nice if I could keg a batch for hbh

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Definitely leave it on the cake if you haven't moved the beer
Oh yes, I rarely ever secondary and it's only been going about a week. It's not overwhelming, but it's there. Something I get more with English and German yeasts than the cleaner American counterparts. I know it will clean up, it's just a matter of how long the yeast wants to take.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Brewed an Irish Red on Monday and finishing up my second batch of NE IPA now. Already down to the last keg of the first batch it's crazy how fast people blew through this. It's damn near as fresh as when it was first tapped!

Beautiful color on the red...