What's new

Homebrewers - Who is up for a BOTL brew?

Which style should the BOTL brew be? Vote for your top 3 styles.

• Scottish Ale

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Oatmeal Stout

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Russian Imperial Stout

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Porter

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Nut Brown Ale

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • English Special Bitter

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • IPA / Imperial IPA

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Belgian Strong Ale

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Dopplebock

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
No trap, just saw the idea mentioned in chat and wanted to get it organized. Of course a few bottles will be passed out to BOTLs along the way, but I wouldnt call that a trap.

StogieFisher

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I like a good stout or porter with gars as well, so far it seems to be leaning towards a darker beer. Scotch ales can be nice too.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've seen many of the brothers post up their stouts, porters and IPA's. So I'd say any of those 3 would be awesome.

No trap, just saw the idea mentioned in chat and wanted to get it organized. Of course a few bottles will be passed out to BOTLs along the way, but I wouldnt call that a trap.
Well this is BOTL and you mentioned it came up in chat, so yeah.....haha.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, I've seen collaborations done here in NY. Sadly, Long Island got hit with Hurricane Sandy 3 years ago and one of the local craft breweries were under water and they lost most, if not all of their equipment and business to the hurricane. They've since rebuilt I think and are back in business. The craft beer business here has been booming. So most of the other breweries that were around at the time all came together and donated whatever was needed to help them recover and made a beer using all the donated products and called it "Surge Protector," which I believe was an IPA. They sold it I think $15 a bottle and released it to a handful of beer distributors and the breweries involved. All the money raised was then donated it back to them to help rebuild. I'll have to find the bottle I got of it and take a picture for this thread.

I know that's kind of off topic, but I'm basically saying if we get our homebrewer BOTL together maybe they can each pitch in with something they use in their homebrews for the BOTL beer and then maybe if someone has capabilities to bottle or can the beer and create a label. This would be a great team effort.

Well, after my last plan backfired I think I learned my lesson.
Ohh boy....

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I know that's kind of off topic, but I'm basically saying if we get our homebrewer BOTL together maybe they can each pitch in with something they use in their homebrews for the BOTL beer and then maybe if someone has capabilities to bottle or can the beer and create a label. This would be a great team effort.
That's a cool idea...might be some sort of a learn to brew opportunity. I think it would have to be people local to each other. Shipping beer is generally cost prohibitive except in very small amounts.

I am down with coming up with a label. Labelling is not a big deal once you get a few bottles under your belt.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's a cool idea...might be some sort of a learn to brew opportunity. I think it would have to be people local to each other. Shipping beer is generally cost prohibitive except in very small amounts.

I am down with coming up with a label. Labelling is not a big deal once you get a few bottles under your belt.

I don't know a thing about home brewing and the shipping costs for supplies. So it would make most sense to try to hopefully keep things local....but always open to help with other ideas too.

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

StogieFisher

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Id be more than happy to share with BOTLs locally and ship a few bottles out but I think it might be a lot of work if we try to get one guy to make it all, bottle it up and ship to everyone involved. I would prefer to collaborate on a recipe and let brewers scale it to their system. If anyone local wants to join in on a brew day they are more than welcome to stop by though.