What's new

Homebrewers - Who is up for a BOTL brew?

Which style should the BOTL brew be? Vote for your top 3 styles.

• Scottish Ale

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Oatmeal Stout

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Russian Imperial Stout

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Porter

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Nut Brown Ale

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • English Special Bitter

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • IPA / Imperial IPA

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Belgian Strong Ale

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Dopplebock

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like this idea. It will get me motivated to get my brewing equipment out again after not using it for a few years. I'm definitely a novice and would welcome guidance from some of the experts on here.

I like porters with cigars the most, but I'm open to almost anything.

I would also be happy to share with brothers in the area. I know we have quite a few members from the Kansas City area on here.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Its right here. Does anyone have concerns with Lagers? I know not everyone has the temp control equipment to ferment them but could substitute ale yeast and get pretty close results.

I will post a survey in a new thread shortly unless there is a way to add it to the initial post in this one.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I vote for doppelbock. Clean, malty, full bodied, sweet yet balanced, toasty, nutty. All the wonderful flavors of a great cigar in liquid alcohol.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You live near any of the cali BOTL brewers?
Not sure who brews out here in Cali, sure I could find out once this takes off.

@Jesse could always take a trip down to San Diego one weekend and help out with a teeny tiny scale batch
Yeah, I'm sure I could do that as well.

Or head to Washington for a 35gallon batch
Actually, I do have a trip planned in June sometime next year. Sister-In-Law is getting married on the east side of the state and will more than likely be driving up but we'll see.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Whenever you guys decide what you're brewing I would love to try and aid with the label making (from an artistic perspective). It would definitely have to have some essence of BOTL of course. I would say I would participate in the brewing as well, but I am on the verge of making my first ever homebrew and feel like this would be an aggressive start. :nailbiting:

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Whenever you guys decide what you're brewing I would love to try and aid with the label making (from an artistic perspective). It would definitely have to have some essence of BOTL of course. I would say I would participate in the brewing as well, but I am on the verge of making my first ever homebrew and feel like this would be an aggressive start. :nailbiting:
We should be able to work up a malt extract version. That's how everyone starts. Make it right on your stove.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Well depend when this happens, I may or may not participate. Either way I will be observing and enjoying the happenings.