What's new

Homebrewers - Who is up for a BOTL brew?

Which style should the BOTL brew be? Vote for your top 3 styles.

• Scottish Ale

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Oatmeal Stout

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Russian Imperial Stout

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Porter

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Nut Brown Ale

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • English Special Bitter

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • IPA / Imperial IPA

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Belgian Strong Ale

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Dopplebock

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Id be more than happy to share with BOTLs locally and ship a few bottles out but I think it might be a lot of work if we try to get one guy to make it all, bottle it up and ship to everyone involved. I would prefer to collaborate on a recipe and let brewers scale it to their system. If anyone local wants to join in on a brew day they are more than welcome to stop by though.
I agree.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Id be more than happy to share with BOTLs locally and ship a few bottles out but I think it might be a lot of work if we try to get one guy to make it all, bottle it up and ship to everyone involved. I would prefer to collaborate on a recipe and let brewers scale it to their system. If anyone local wants to join in on a brew day they are more than welcome to stop by though.
I'd hope to not do that to any one person. I think best would be a collaboration as well. We'll need approval from Eric also on this before anything really takes off since he does own the right to our logo I think.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Toss me a 5 or 10g agreed recipe for a RIS and I'm game.

Big stouts and big Belgians are my favorite cigar beers. I've been experimenting with both lately, just brewed a quad and a RIS in October. Both turned out fantastic, and will age well. Both started at 1.120. The RIS ended at 1.030ish, that was measured when racked to secondary. Had another 1.5" yeast cake settle before throwing in a keg to carbonate, so I suspect it dried out a bit but I dropped my hydrometer. Tastes fantastic. The quad got Belgian candi sugar additions of 1lb at 24hrs along with a one minute blast of oxygen. Then at 48hrs I threw in another pound of candi sugar no additional O2. Gravity as of yesterday was 1.020 still with medium high krausen (got a new hydrometer) suspect it will dry out quite a bit more. Haven't run the numbers but suspect this will be brutally strong when it's finished. Will need a good bit of age.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
So are we having one group (@nic ) brew a large batch or are we trying to come up with a good recipe and all us homebrewers can just make it when we feel the time is right?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If this all is going to happen, first we need permission from Eric to use the trademark right?? And also, seems like we have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 varietys of beer. So do we make this a vote for 1 type? Or mix it up?

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I like weisse, marzen, dopplebock etc. With cigars...I like German/Belgian beers

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Well it looks like @Eric is on board so now we just have to decide what to brew. Looks like most suggestions are for a darker and maltier style. I will create vote soon but want to let this thread linger out a little while before doing that so anyone else interested can jump in and make suggestions before we decide.