What's new

Homemade shine

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm in the biz of buying it from different producers. Love the nuances b/w family recipes and such. Been a while since I've bought straight up white liquor. Older age has forced me to the blends. Straight white makes me make bad decisions!

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah, the white about kills me also. Especially when you distill it multiple times. I find though that if I add some honey and let it sit it does well.

I also like to make apple shine. I cook some apples and cinnamon with sugar. I mix it down to about 40% and let it sit 3 months and dayuuum!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah, the white about kills me also. Especially when you distill it multiple times. I find though that if I add some honey and let it sit it does well.

I also like to make apple shine. I cook some apples and cinnamon with sugar. I mix it down to about 40% and let it sit 3 months and dayuuum!
This apple shine sounds awesome!

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah, it's pretty damn good. A lot of people confuse it with apple pie but it is way stronger. I have been piss drunk just from eating the apple slices. The apple seems to collect and concentrate the alcohol.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Sounds like apple pie?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0

I love the homebrew shine but it's kind of hard to get up in Minnesota. Thankfully I've had a couple of southern friends that have taken care of me in the past though :eyebrow:

Apple Pie shine is awesome but it can be DANGEROUS! Since it doesn't have the kick of the white stuff it can sneak up on you awfully fast.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Honestly it's a lot of fun and is rather safe compared to the hillbilly shine they used to make. As long as you control your temperature you can get it down well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yup I'm gonna have me some Apple shine next week thanks to a very generous botl. I can't wait to try it. I have never had any shine so I'm pretty excited.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk