What's new

How did you get to BOTL?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
And another for google.

I was researching cigars to try and was reading reviews. Read one review and then found the review page and read bunches of reviews, then started exploring with the rest of the site, found a box pass thread, thought that was pretty cool, then found the NC Wish list, and thought that was really cool, so i joined, did a few trades to gain some street cred and fell in love. Have since discovered a whole new world in cigars.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Googled for something that led me here. Forgot what is was but I got a 2-fer. An answer to my question and found a great group of people. :yes::guitar::thumbsup:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Used to hang out at CW, especially in the chat room, and when BOTL.org got started I moseyed on over here and haven't looked back!

TYLER

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Readers Digest Version: Google brought me....

Long Version:
I think I mentioned it in my intro thread....

I just moved from DC to Fort Worth, TX and bought my first house. One of my room mates at the house I used to rent in DC got me into Cigars and we used to hate having to smoke outside because the place was rented and we couldn't smoke inside. Sucked most in the winter when it was snowing. :p

Anyway, now I have more room than I know what to do with in my new house (they are so much cheaper down here than in DC I couldn't help myself and ended up buying a McMansion) and I was thinking about turning one of the upstairs bedrooms into a cigar room. Google brought me to an archived thread here about someone building a room in his basement. Kind of gave me some idea of what I would need to do. Decided to put it on hold for now since the weather is plenty nice in the evening to smoke outside on my balcony and I'd rather not make too many irreversible changes to the house in case it hurts the resale value. Maybe if it gets too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter I'll come back to this project.

It seems I would need to seal the room off from the rest of the house and provide it's own air circulation to the outside. Unfortunately it's a brick house so that might add a bit of complexity/expense. Unless I add the vents to the roof.... hmmm...
Ft. Worth ehh. We might have to find a place to meet up some time...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Like many of the other old timers, I came here in the beginning from CW.

This is a great thread, I love reading how people got here.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Met Tom (caudio51) on a coffee board a few years ago. He turned me on to this site and a couple others. Never really got into posting anywhere else......

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I was going through every cigar board I could find, and joining them all. This is the one I felt most at home in. After going on herfs and meeting people, and kind pople like Todd helping me out without be even asking I couldn't help but keep coming back.

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ft. Worth ehh. We might have to find a place to meet up some time...
You in the DFW area? I've been googleing for a good cigar shop around here and not finding anything near my house. If you know of a place that's worth the trip, I'm willing to make the trip. :glassesgr

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
You in the DFW area? I've been googleing for a good cigar shop around here and not finding anything near my house. If you know of a place that's worth the trip, I'm willing to make the trip. :glassesgr
There is a great one in downtown Ft Worth. PM me where you are and I'll let you know. My B&M is in South Arlington. Great shop, great people. There are good ones all over if you're looking for something closer, but I think I'm at the best!

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Somebody once upon a time said there were a bunch of knowledgeable dudes at this fairly new board, so I stopped on in so I could soak up said knowledge, and I still am.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a new member referred by a member and also live in Ft Worth. There is a place in Grapevine, TX that is really nice. I think it is just called Ye Old Tobacco Shop!!!