What's new

How do you Carry?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you carry when you wear slacks and a tucked in shirt?

I was thinking of getting a Walther PPS which for all intents and purposes, is the same size as a baby Glock (26), just a bunch thinner. But I just have no clue how to conceal it. I mean I actually have a 26, but I can't see that chunky monkey not printing... like at all lol.

I wear slacks and a tucked in shirts, at work. I hear a lot about inside the waistband holsters, but how would I tuck in my shirt? Thinking ankle might be the only way for me?? No idea really.

How do you carry with a shirt that's tucked in but no blazer?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ankle works.. But is very slow

Several options inside the waistband out there that allow for a tucked in shirt..

Pocket carry could also be an option depending on the cut of the pants and pocket size... Lots of decent holster options that help break up the outline...

Or consider a smaller pistol..

I'm not normally an advocate for mouse guns.. But... I'd rather have a decent mouse gun on me than no gun on me.. If my wardrobe/place of business/ etc didn't afford me any other options..

Some small frame revolvers do well for pocket carry as well... I kept a S&W bodyguard in my front left pocket for years as a back up...

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
How do you carry when you wear slacks and a tucked in shirt?

I was thinking of getting a Walther PPS which for all intents and purposes, is the same size as a baby Glock (26), just a bunch thinner. But I just have no clue how to conceal it. I mean I actually have a 26, but I can't see that chunky monkey not printing... like at all lol.

I wear slacks and a tucked in shirts, at work. I hear a lot about inside the waistband holsters, but how would I tuck in my shirt? Thinking ankle might be the only way for me?? No idea really.

How do you carry with a shirt that's tucked in but no blazer?
There are some holsters that allow a shirt to be tucked in over the pistol, however I would expect some printing if the shirt was tight. If you are comfortable with your Glock and are looking at a .380 you may check out the 42 it is fairly thin and you wouldnt need to learn a new gun.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
what the heck is a mouse gun?

and no, I don't know how to use google. ;)
Sub caliber pistols (anything smaller than 9mm or .38 special generally)...

For example... I normally carry a glock 19 (9mm) as my primary..

But I've been out walking/jogging with the wife some lately.. And the G19 doesn't lend itself well to a t-shirt and running shorts in the suburbs... So I picked up a little ruger lcp .380 recently.. Super thin and light weight.. Weighs just 9 ounces)...

Not really much of a man stopper...

But it fits into a runners belt... Is totally concealable.. Doesn't weigh me down while exercising... And is a whole lot better than nothing...

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Sub caliber pistols (anything smaller than 9mm or .38 special generally)...

For example... I normally carry a glock 19 (9mm) as my primary..

But I've been out walking/jogging with the wife some lately.. And the G19 doesn't lend itself well to a t-shirt and running shorts in the suburbs... So I picked up a little ruger lcp .380 recently.. Super thin and light weight.. Weighs just 9 ounces)...

Not really much of a man stopper...

But it fits into a runners belt... Is totally concealable.. Doesn't weigh me down while exercising... And is a whole lot better than nothing...
is it more powerful than my wit?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'm a bigger guy, but if needed I stick an XDS 45 in a front pocket holster.

As others have said, a tuckable IWB will work well, just go up one shirt size and avoid light colors. A good belt (gun belt, not some fancy dress belt) is a must.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
That's what I carry most of the time now, unless I'm wearing a coat. Great concealable gun. I prefer 110 grain hydrashock for ammo
Just an ignorant question, well I'm ignorant on this topic hence the question. Does the holster in the front pocket attach to anything? and why do you even need a holster if you're carrying a small gun in the front pocket?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
No, a pocket holster doesnt attach to anything.

It works on friction. A good pocket holster will be cut with angles that will hang up in the pocket material allowing the pistol to be drawn easily, leaving the holster behind in the pocket. Some incorporate "sticky" material (not actually sticky.. but a rubberized or otherwise "tacky" material on the outside that helps it to "grip" the pocket as well.. but to be honest.. I see that on more cheap, less well executed designs than I do on quality holsters..

You want a holster around a pistol, no matter where you put it.. pocket or otherwise.. the holster protects the trigger/trigger guard.. which protects you from an accidental discharge.. carries the pistol at the correct angle for draw, in the right place for comfort, etc..

in the case of a pocket holster, it also keeps pocket lint, and other junk from getting into the pistol as easily.. keeping it both clean, and more reliable/functional.. and.. it helps to break up the outline of the pistol... if you dont know what youre looking at.. you wouldnt know that my little LCP is a pistol in my pocket.. its so flat and small that its pretty indistinctive to an untrained or unaware eye..

but.. in this holster:
even a trained eye, would have a hell of a time figuring out I had a pistol in my front pocket, as opposed to an iPhone..

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
No criticism here, I'm completely respectful of the rest of the country's right to carry firearms, but wanted to say this concept is so foreign to me being from NYC where the laws prevent the majority of us from carrying.

When I'm out jogging with the wife, I choose an iPod shuffle over the full sized. Lol. (As compared to the ruger over the G19)

Again no judgement, don't get mad at me. I'm unarmed :)

Last edited:

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
No criticism here, I'm completely respectful of the rest of the country's right to carry firearms, but wanted to say this concept is so foreign to me being from NYC.

When I'm out jogging with the wife, I choose an iPod shuffle over the full sized. Lol. (As compared to the ruger over the G19)

Again no judgement, don't get mad at me. I'm unarmed :)
Being from NYC, I would imagine that you need to carry more than a lot here. My question to you is why wouldn't you want to carry?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Being from NYC, I would imagine that you need to carry more than a lot here. My question to you is why wouldn't you want to carry?
It's illegal in NYC. Like, the clip of a pocket knife on your pocket can land you in jail. That's an area you don't want to go near whilst armed.