What's new

how do YOU handle your cellar?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just built my cellar yesterday. All my ordering from the last few months was waiting for me in a walk in pantry with shelves. So that is now where I store my coolidor, beers and whiskey, as well as my pipe tobacco. I found that my ordering large amounts is kinda crazy lol. Had to buy quart size jars.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Here's mine:

It's just a mess of tiny jars on the garage workbench. Looks like a lot, but they're all like 2oz jars half full. I need to get them inside on a shelf at some point, just haven't taken the time.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Grrrrrrrr? Your my new bestest friend. lol ;) The Grizzly adds a nice touch. I'm a plug man myself. :)
Lmao. I havent done plug since high school. Did loose leaf for few years. But dipping has always been my main addiction.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I used to keep my tobacco locked in a fire proof locker in my garage, it was 8'tall, 3' wide and 2' deep. It had close to 400 pounds of different tobaccos that I have collected over the years, tins, jars and vacuumed sealed bags. But the unthinkable happened a few months ago, and I lost it all. Thankfully, I had my Penzance and Stonehaven, and few others of my favorites in a cabinet in my bedroom.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I used to keep my tobacco locked in a fire proof locker in my garage, it was 8'tall, 3' wide and 2' deep. It had close to 400 pounds of different tobaccos that I have collected over the years, tins, jars and vacuumed sealed bags. But the unthinkable happened a few months ago, and I lost it all. Thankfully, I had my Penzance and Stonehaven, and few others of my favorites in a cabinet in my bedroom.
That's single handedly the saddest story I have heard.

What I got from that is....

Wait for it...

Russ is low on pipe tobacco!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

Wait for it...

NO NO NO I am not low, I have enough of my favorites to smoke. Please dont waste your money or pipe tobacco on me. I honestly smoke a pipe once a month if that much anymore.

What happened was this. My wife was having a garage sale, and it seems some low lifes were casing sales. They saw the stuff in my open garage and decided my house was perfect for them to break into. We went away for the weekend and when we came home, my garage was emptied. They stole my Snap On Tool Box with 15 grand worth off tools in side and my locker which was locked and i can only assume that they thought it was a gun locker. They did not even try to get inside my house, probably because my dog had to have been going nuts barking her ass off, they came in through a back garage door that my son did not lock when he came in from fishing the night before we left for the weekend. I got most of my tools and tool box back, but the tobacco is gone. They got caught trying to sell my tool box at pawn shop. Thank god the pawn shop owner called snap on and asked who the the box was registered to by the serial number.I reported the box stolen to Snap On just in case someone tried to sell it to someone who knew what to do.

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0

Wait for it...

NO NO NO I am not low, I have enough of my favorites to smoke. Please dont waste your money or pipe tobacco on me. I honestly smoke a pipe once a month if that much anymore.

What happened was this. My wife was having a garage sale, and it seems some low lifes were casing sales. They saw the stuff in my open garage and decided my house was perfect for them to break into. We went away for the weekend and when we came home, my garage was emptied. They stole my Snap On Tool Box with 15 grand worth off tools in side and my locker which was locked and i can only assume that they thought it was a gun locker. They did not even try to get inside my house, probably because my dog had to have been going nuts barking her ass off, they came in through a back garage door that my son did not lock when he came in from fishing the night before we left for the weekend. I got most of my tools and tool box back, but the tobacco is gone. They got caught trying to sell my tool box at pawn shop. Thank god the pawn shop owner called snap on and asked who the the box was registered to by the serial number.I reported the box stolen to Snap On just in case someone tried to sell it to someone who knew what to do.
Wow as an auto body guy I couldn't imagine someone stealing my toolbox yet alone clean out my garage! I'm glad you got most of it back!

You say you don't smoke your pipes as much? Is that cause no time or you've been smoking cigars more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

Wait for it...

Wow as an auto body guy I couldn't imagine someone stealing my toolbox yet alone clean out my garage! I'm glad you got most of it back!

You say you don't smoke your pipes as much? Is that cause no time or you've been smoking cigars more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Honestly, I enjoy smoking my cigars more than my pipes these days. Has nothing to do with time as on average a cigar takes me hour-hour and half to smoke, where as a pipe takes about 45 min. I am an outside smoker in a very active neighborhood, and a cigar is just easier to smoke when outside shootin the chit with neighbors.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Wait for it...

NO NO NO I am not low, I have enough of my favorites to smoke. Please dont waste your money or pipe tobacco on me. Please send cigars
Corrected it for you.

OK honestly. I am very sorry to hear about that whole situation Russ. Ill stop raising your blood pressure for today.