What's new

How do you lay out your rolling table?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bought this 48x12 pine stair tread today for $10 at HD, cut it in half so now i have a 24x12 cutting surface to work on, was using a tile before
I know its softwood but i have 2 boards which is 4 surfaces to mess up, that will take me a while, could have got it in Red Oak but that was $40
Yea im a cheap azzzView attachment 107925
Once I used pine. Then I got hardwood. I found that after a while the softer pulp sections of the board were wearing much faster than the grain sections and I wasn't getting even cut on leaf. By that I mean some of the leaf would remain uncut and the area of leaf on the grain cut nicely.
Perhaps you'll have better results than I had with pine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I used pine. Then I got hardwood. I found that after a while the softer pulp sections of the board were wearing much faster than the grain sections and I wasn't getting even cut on leaf. By that I mean some of the leaf would remain uncut and the area of leaf on the grain cut nicely.
Perhaps you'll have better results than I had with pine.
Yep. The pine will start to shed it's softer pulp and could possibly work it's way into the cigar. They usually use rock maple for cutting blocks in kitchens and butcher shops.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I haven't followed the surface discussion through the years, but the bamboo cutting board I bought while I waited for my first leaf kit to arrive years ago has been flawless since day one and still is at day 1000+.