What's new

How do you make your coffee?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Glad you asked the question cause I've just started looking into this. All you coffee snobs here got me convinced that Sweet Maria's is the place to be. I've been looking at all the different types of methods and narrowed it down to the Aeropress of the Handybrew Dripper. Any pro or cons to either units for a beginner?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just recently got an Aeropress (always told myself I wouldn't buy a cheap "toy" coffee maker) and I must say it is great, wicked easy to use with great results. It makes a nice clean cup that is a bit stronger than a pour over. I have no experience with the Handy Brew so I can't comment on that. I'm always looking for ways to make my coffee and I think a French Press is next for my lineup since I haven't had one in a while.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had a friend of mine ask me a ton of questions about FP and other means of making coffee and he went out and bought a FP and called me and was all upset about how crappy it tasted. I asked him a few questions as to "how" he was making it. Seems as though when he got to the part of adding the hot water he wasn't stirring the grounds except for a couple of seconds as was to his complaint of it being so "weak" and wasting his $20 a pound beans. I told him that he needed to stir the grounds up longer than a few seconds which would then give him a more robust color...not like weak tea. That was all he needed to hear and 15 minutes later I get another call from him telling me....."uhhh.....yeah, you're right."

Sometimes I want my coffee a bit more strong so I'll stir the grounds longer until I get that "dark" color and instead of using more beans to grind...just stir a bit longer and try it.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I'm about to buy one also.
Gaggia Brera or another one and the Gamea Revo are the options right now.
i'll have to check out the Gaggie superauto. Never heard of the Gamea one.
I'm tempted for the Seaco superauto because of it's convenience. But I kinda want to do the traditional style of making my own drink.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i'll have to check out the Gaggie superauto. Never heard of the Gamea one.
I'm tempted for the Seaco superauto because of it's convenience. But I kinda want to do the traditional style of making my own drink.
I think the more traditional (semi-auto or full manual) make far better espresso. I have heard good things about the Gaggia classic but never used one myself. Once you get your technique down it is not much more inconvenient than a super auto, I can probably make a cappuccino about as fast as a super auto can.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I think the more traditional (semi-auto or full manual) make far better espresso. I have heard good things about the Gaggia classic but never used one myself. Once you get your technique down it is not much more inconvenient than a super auto, I can probably make a cappuccino about as fast as a super auto can.
But my kids can't, hence the super auto.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This kind of came up in another post. I love coffee, everything about it. So how do you brew yours? These are my regulars.
View attachment 75703
I can tell you take your coffee very seriously, nice setup. I just use a standard drip most mornings but will do a french press when I can get some high quality single origin. Ive seen lots of interesting syphons, vacuums and spinners at gastropubs and hipster coffee bars around the cities, but the best to date has been the nitro infused cold brews offered by Blackeye. Just all flavor, super creamy no harsh or bitter finish. The only problem is you cant drink it at night. I always though I had a caffeine immunity 'til I tried this stuff. Not your typical cold brew. One glass at 8pm and youll be up til 2am. Ive seen some home kits popping up recently. Has anyone tried or seen these?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Folgers and a $10 Mr. Coffee from dollar store. Fill up the yeti tumbler and out the door. I don't have time for anything else in the morning. Work day comes a little to early. I do enjoy a good cup from my local coffee shop from time to time.
There is always time for good coffee lol, I leave the house at about 0430 and force myself to wake up with enough time to make my coffee