What's new

How do you make your coffee?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hario V60, Chemex (with paper or Kone filter), French press, Eva Cafe Solo, Hario syphon, and the trusty Aeropress (my usual go to) (with paper or Disk filter). Baratza Vario-W flat burr (steel, not ceramic) grinder and a Zojirushi water boiler. Dope!
Dope setup brother!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got a sweet pour-over kit from my BOTL Secret Santa this year. I just need to get a few minutes to get it up and running and figure out how to properly use it since the coffee game is pretty new to me. But for right now, the Keurig (at home) and one of those big commercial coffee makers while I'm at work which some of my co-workers and I got that thing working overtime when were on shift.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a sweet pour-over kit from my BOTL Secret Santa this year. I just need to get a few minutes to get it up and running and figure out how to properly use it since the coffee game is pretty new to me. But for right now, the Keurig (at home) and one of those big commercial coffee makers while I'm at work which some of my co-workers and I got that thing working overtime when were on shift.
https://handground.com/grind/47-tips-to-make-pour-over-coffee-like-a-barista

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with this?

It's the Breville Grind control. I know a lot of people say to get a burr grinder and a pour over.. but honestly my wife and I use a k-cup now and with my wife being on the go for work and me too.. I don't see my wife taking the time to enjoy the coffee if i get the pour over. For now this is more practical I would think? I like that I can switch out the beans, pick the strength, and it does single serve too.

Can I get thoughts? suggestions?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Search for coffee grinders here on BOTL search bar. I did that and read reviews on Amazon last night for grinders.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk
I just realized I had a jack ton of rewards to redeem so I got like 250.00 worth of gift cards so the breville will basically be free. So I'm going with that for now, I read up a lot last night while smoking. I'm still going to buy a burr grinder and pour over for me, but for now this should help my wife and I. Happy wife happy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've brewed all the coffee I've drank for the last ~15 years or so in a French press ground by a Baratza conical grinder. Current set up is a Baratza Virtuoso grinder and 34oz and 51oz Bodum stainless steel French presses. I used a Technivorm brewer for a short while to me any coffee run through a filter loses some flavor and mouth feel versus a FP and keeping the oils and all the goodness. As for coffee, nothing but home roasted over that same period.

For me home roasted beans and a french press are as good as it gets!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I just realized I had a jack ton of rewards to redeem so I got like 250.00 worth of gift cards so the breville will basically be free. So I'm going with that for now, I read up a lot last night while smoking. I'm still going to buy a burr grinder and pour over for me, but for now this should help my wife and I. Happy wife happy life.

I found Amex points as I was going to checkout on Amazon, so they got put to use for my coffee addiction LOL.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Took 3 brews to figure out the combo for DW Odin

Had to make a cheat sheet for the Mrs. So she knows how much ML's for each mug for the single serve. Was a pain in the butt and tedious, but worth it in the long run not having a broken coffee pot and spilled coffee

Fozgate

Maker of Sharp Things #MCGA
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Body french press for me, I keep it simple. I do need to upgrade to a burr grinder one of these days when I stop spending money on my other more pressing hobbies.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I use a Keurig with a refillable k cup.. but more often than not, I just use the Keurig for filling the french press.. it takes less grounds, and tastes much better. I'm thinking about a Moka pot next, for making half ass espresso..

I also cold brew in the fridge with a growler, and metal basket filter.. makes great coffee, just have to start the day before you want it! :playful:
(Any suggestions on a better diy cold brew technique?)