What's new

how long have you been smoking cigars and what age did you start

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Had my first cigar on my 18th birthday, smoked them off and on for a year or two. Had had a cigar in 8 years or so, then earlier this year had an opportunity to visit a Cuban cigar shop in Canada. Picked up a few sticks to bring back, enjoyed them so much I dove headfirst into this wonderful hobby.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Occasionally smoked a cigar around 2000, but raising 3 teenage kids, mortgage payments and keeping the utilities turned on, along with not going hungry took most of my time and money. So I quit buying and smoking cigars until 2012. Kids raised, mortgage paid, zero debt I decided it was time to enjoy one of the finer things in life and my cigar journey began. I would have been 59 in 2012. I only smoke 2-3 cigars a month.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Had my fist real cigar when I was 18 before I left for boot camp. Pretty sure it was a Macanudo. Of course I had a few swishers in high school. Had one on rare occasions after that. When I was 34 I Lived across the street from and Emerson’s in Chesapeake Va briefly and they had a deal for a 50ct humidor and 10 or 20 cigars for $100. That’s when I really got into it. Been downhill ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your service, brother

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I started back in early college days (so figuring 18-19ish years old?) with a buddy, who swore by 7-11 strawberry phillies. Of course, being the good boy I was I never knew what they REALLY were used for but I started off my cigar path with them if you even want to call them "cigars."

It was up until I took a pack to my Uncle's house, who at the time was big into cigars. He was like you aren't smoking these things anymore unless you want the devils lettuce. And gave me a Macanudo cigar to try. From that point on, I got kicked off the cliff head first and never looked back. We'd go to the local lounge a couple of times a month together, catch up on life and just enjoy the bonding. Unfortunately, due to some health conditions, he's had to drastically slow down on his cigar smoking but when we do get together, we make it a point to have at least one over a libation and reminisce on the good old days. And our words to each other at some point in our cigar smoking is always, "Hey, you can never go wrong with a Macanudo" because that's the cigar that got me started down the slope. Even to this day as my palate expanded and has changed, there's always a once in a while time I feel the need to grab a Macanudo for old times sake.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started this April, at 45 yr old.
I never would have thought I’d be a smoker.
I contemplated having one in the car today then wasn’t sure about how it’d smell tomorrow lol!

I tasted a special Upmann then a Limited Partagas and was completely hooked.

I love cigars so much I’m building a smoking room.

LOL!

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just started this April, at 45 yr old.
I never would have thought I’d be a smoker.
I contemplated having one in the car today then wasn’t sure about how it’d smell tomorrow lol!

I tasted a special Upmann then a Limited Partagas and was completely hooked.

I love cigars so much I’m building a smoking room.

LOL!

Having one in the car becomes either a commitment to have the smell of cigar in your car, or a car scent bomb and 4 days of sun baking to clear the smell lol

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well I also started out with cigarettes around 8 or 9 years old. Quit off and on then went to store bought cigars till 18 while In the military I went to chew and occasionally cigarettes. Had my first real cigar when my daughter was born and on special occasions for the last 13 years until about a year ago I started storing and smoking them on a regular basis acid was my original cigar

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Both my parents smoked cigarettes since I can remember and I tried them as a teen ... made me sick. Never understood why people even wanted to be around these smoldering chemical sticks let alone breathe the fumes.
I smoked quite a bit of wacky tobaccy during my college years, but nothing else. Then in 1994, a good friend offered me a cigar while we were at a summer festival / concert. I really enjoyed the flavors and aroma so the journey was on. I've flip flopped between cigars and pipes since then. Some years I went through 200-300 cigars ... in others I barely finished one box. I still like reading about cigars, watching review videos and chasing those elusive nirvana cigar experiences.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I started getting into cigars in 2002. I was 26, I had smoked a few as a kid back in the 80’s sneaking them from my grandad, then a few at 18-19, and in my earlier 20's though. At 26, I had a boss that turned me on to good cigars, then CC's. My first CC was a Punch Black Prince, then a Monte #4 in 2002. I was hooked after that.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
that was the worst cao flavors Ive had, it was the elens dream one and I struggled to get any flavor out of it just a slight creamy feel and very smooth. The burn was a bit uneven and in the last third the wrapper started to come apart. Glad its time to move on