What's new

How many do you carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I carry 'bout 3, all the time:

Beretta 92FS

Springfield Armory M1911A1 (they are so thin)

&

FEG Model SMC 918

@ home I keep my M1A & AR's handy...sure, they're loaded...to paraphrase John Wayne "a gun that's not loaded is good for nothing."

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Only one most times, depending on mode of dress and conditions: Either Glock 26, Glock 19, Para Ordnance CCW .45 or Para Ordnance TacFour .45. Also, at least one spare magazine.
If my clothing or the situation don't lend themselves to IWB concealment I carry a little North American Arms .22mag mini-revolver.
In the car, no matter what I'm carrying IWB I will also generally have the G26 readily available in the console.
I'm getting ready to mount a Kydex holster for the G26 on the side of the console of my car, down near my right Knee. The interior of the car is black, so the G26 and the black Kydex holster are nearly invisible down there.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'd be careful about that bro'. I don't know WV's laws on the matter, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly in FL.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm curious about something: For those of you that do carry weapons, is it because you are into the hobby, or because you are generally concerned that the areas you live in or frequent are so dangerous that carrying a weapon is warranted?

Not insulting anyone, just trying to comprehend why someone would need to mount a weapon in their car and carry a Glock under their trenchcoat...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I am wondering sort of the same thing.

Why or when do you see yourself ever actually using it?

What would be the consequences/ramifications?

Even if you have a permit, I would feel a little uncomfortable hanging around with you. Is that understandable?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fuente said:
I'm curious about something: For those of you that do carry weapons, is it because you are into the hobby, or because you are generally concerned that the areas you live in or frequent are so dangerous that carrying a weapon is warranted?
Yes, Yes & Yes

fuente said:
Not insulting anyone, just trying to comprehend why someone would need to mount a weapon in their car and carry a Glock under their trenchcoat...
there are lots of reasons, one being if you handled large amounts of cash, something I no longer do...

another would be because it's my God given, Constitutionally defined right...btw, there are no weapons "mounted" in my car & I don't carry a Glock

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Sancho Panza said:
another would be because it's my God given, Constitutionally defined right...btw, there are no weapons "mounted" in my car & I don't carry a Glock
That wasn't mean for you Sancho.

I guess we live in different worlds.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I can understand reasons for carrying a sidearm ... but why more than one?

SP ... have you ever had to use your weapons in self-defense?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch_24 said:

IF I'm ever in fear for my life or limb, or the life of others. Also in protection of my property, that is auto & home.

Wasch_24 said:
What would be the consequences/ramifications?
I'd stop the criminal from executing his plans. An appearance before the Grand Jury, perhaps, maybe not even that.

Wasch_24 said:
Even if you have a permit, I would feel a little uncomfortable hanging around with you. Is that understandable?
I do have a permit & lots of Military experience with most of the weapons listed. Sounds like you have little knowledge of firearms safety & the intent of the Founding Fathers (most sons of Virginia also). I carry any place I may legally do so.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with your firearms experience. If you were to show to any herf I've been to, me failing to carry would only reduce the dozen, or so, carried by one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jwrussell said:
I'd be careful about that bro'. I don't know WV's laws on the matter, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly in FL.
sure it would, Florida has nearly identical firearms laws to Mississippi (one of them apparently copied the other) & reciprical agreements with many States on concealed carry...without a permit, though, in Florida, it's a Class 3 felony to carry concealed...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tedski said:
I can understand reasons for carrying a sidearm ... but why more than one?

SP ... have you ever had to use your weapons in self-defense?
backup, 2 are in the car

not in a civilian situation, hope I never do...it's kind of like an uneventful trip in your auto is to be desired, rather than an eventful one (flat tire, wreck, out of gas) who wants that?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Sancho Panza said:
Wasch_24 said:

IF I'm ever in fear for my life or limb, or the life of others. Also in protection of my property, that is auto & home.

I'd stop the criminal from executing his plans. An appearance before the Grand Jury, perhaps, maybe not even that.

I do have a permit & lots of Military experience with most of the weapons listed. Sounds like you have little knowledge of firearms safety & the intent of the Founding Fathers (most sons of Virginia also). I carry any place I may legally do so.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with your firearms experience. If you were to show to any herf I've been to, me failing to carry would only reduce the dozen, or so, carried by one.
I 100% agree that it is everyones right to carry/own/use firearms. I just struggle to understand the 'why' for those of us that don't deal with cash deposits or similar things.

I have Army training with the M-16, M-4, and 9mm. I grew up deer hunting with my father in Michigan with 12 gauge shotguns, 44 cal. rifles and pistols. 30/30 lever actions, 30-0-6 (thirty 'ot six) semi autos, and others. I know how to safely handle a weapon and I trust others ability to handle 'em safely. An accident isn't my concern.

My concern is that if you aren't carrying and I say or do something to really infuriate you could kick my ass. If you are carrying and I piss you off somehow you have the ability to shoot me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If every able bodied citizen carried, there'd be much less crime.

Now I understand some with tempers best not carry, particularly if they have road rage. I have a friend that applies to, but for now, he's in Iraq, & carrying anyway.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hmmm..even though I don't currently, there are multiple reasons to carry. Personally, I'd probably only carry where I felt it necessary as it's kind of a PITA to conceal in the clothes I wear. Wearing a jacket/coat in FL isn't much of an option. However, I can absolutely see the reasoning behind carrying everywhere. Very much a case of, "better to have it and not need it, than...", ya know?

As to carrying more than one? Well, the obvious answer would be back up, but I'll let Sancho answer for himself as that's quite an arsenal to be toting around. Most folks I've spoken to on the subject carry a pistol and a knife. A small few carry a small back-up pistol.

Todd: you pray to God you never have to, but again, see the comment above. As to your last comment? I'd ask for a little clarification, because honestly, no I don't really understand.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
for me, if I lived in an area where I needed to carry a weapon, I'd get the hell out of there and never come back. Same goes for any environment me or my family were in.

Take that out of the equation, and with the exception of freak robberies and stickups, which none of us can completely avoid, personally I would have no reason to carry anything or have anything in my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.