What's new

How many flames is you preference 1, 2, 3, 4

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have all 3 flamers and one 4 flame. I have a Fohiba 3 flame you could probably light someone else's cigar from across the room with it if you turn it up a little more. :D. The 4 flame looks like it would go into nuclear meltdown if you kept it lit too long I keep it in the truck as a backup.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found myself using either my tabletop 3 flame or just a regular old Djeep lighter. Gotten too impatient to go through the whole toasting the foot process. I just light up and smoke as of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like a 2 flame torch the best of all my lighters. I have started using matches some lately and I have liked it.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
If I'm indoors I like to toast with with a soft flame or cedar spill and get it fully going with a torch.

I don't know if flame count really matters so much indoors so long as you're keep flame and cigar well away from each other. For me its a ritual or a habit or whatever, I take a long time to get started.

Transmitted via my fairly new Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Korea's LG Uplus Mobile Network using Tapatalk App Installed & Auto-updated From Google Play Store

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a utility lighter that is a single flame and soft flame. I like to toast with the hard flame and light with the soft flame setting. I prefer my AB burner, but isn't always a good choice depending on conditions.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got one of those new Xikar HP4's. It only runs well (without fluttering) at almost max setting. Im not happy with it at all and even when I could get it to work at a lower setting I still think it is overkill. I have several triple flames and like those quite well. I may shoot the HP4 back to see if they can do anything with it.
I just got that same lighter about a week ago. Not bad but you're right about having to turn it up a bit you make sure it gets a nice smooth torch and yes..
Overkill! The only thing I really like about it is it'll toast up anything faster once you get the hang of the distance to foot haha. That and the fuel tank is pretty big once you fill and purge out the air and fill some more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here’s the one I use. I like the versatility. Good sized tank too. I hold it like a drum stick and strike it with my thigh like an epi-pen. You can operate gas on, flame height and flame type with your thumb. Gonna buy a couple more.

EDIT: Didn’t see the link didn’t paste.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6IT1QB/ref=asc_df_B01N6IT1QB5383708/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B01N6IT1QB&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241942285135&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2398570658730547802&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026818&hvtargid=pla-398587076378

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agreed, always used a single flame, torch for cigars, soft for pipes. Honestly can't imagine why I would need more as I don't smoke those giant rg cigars.
I have been using matches when I smoke in my garage, or sometimes a bic, they work like a charm. I have a 4 flame torch I never use because I don't need it lol.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I prefer 1, but just a matter of preference. I do think cigar noobs should learn on one though until they get the hang of toasting and lighting without the flame touching the cigar. I've seen some guys roast their stick with those 4 flame torchthrowers. :ROFLMAO:

As for the collection, I probably have 50+ lighters around the house. I think 2 or 3 of them actually work. :ROFLMAO:
Honestly....this is the quintessential post for lighters. I have over 30 myself because I have a problem. If you have lighters that don't work I'll take em off your hands....I have a lighter fetish that borders on OCD...very sad. While I have 2 and 3 and 4 flame lighters I don't use them but they work cuz I keep them in tip top shape....I don't know why! I use Soft Flames ...like the Exodus and love it...I even worship it on Sundays ...it has its own alter and......N/M as I may have said too much.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Honeslty the guy who is our local Jetline Representative said the biggest problem with lighters are crappy uinflitered fuel, and Jets that get funky with ash, dirt etc. Fuel is easy problem to solve, blowing of the jet with a poof of air resolves many problems. Most of the lighter today come out of China from the same factories, the difference I'd the branding, finish, and last price.