What's new

How many of you have a S.T. Dupont lighter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got myself a S.T. Dupont X-tend Maxijet. I only filled it with Vector 5x refined butane to keep it in good shape. I don't see myself using something else unless it fails.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I've got the S.T. Dupont Gold Plated Line 2 Collection Brushed Design that I got for under $400 and while it's a nice lighter it's not worth the price...no lighter is but I just had to have it. Once I got the LGC Lighter from Atlantic that was like the ST Dupont for $24 there wasn't much of a difference in operation and quality. I use the LGC lighter everyday and I could kick myself for being an idiot and wish I had the money back to buy a box of Cohiba Espys. Live and learn.
forget the lighter, I love your avatar. HEHE:waving:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
For those that have the Maxi or Mini Jet, how has the paint held up? Has it got all scratched from use?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't mind picking one up, but I have a hard time spending a load of money one when a match and do the same thing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have the Maxi or Mini Jet, how has the paint held up? Has it got all scratched from use?
Nope, mine is starting to fade a little but it still looks cool. I have the currency version. I have yet to see someone else with it. :guitar:

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Window Pane Gatsby here...loved the lighter after I bought the fill adaptor, but it needs to go... got a silver 101 lighter from Boothy, and ill never use anything else, its beautiful.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife was watching a rerun of Sex and the City last night, and I was amused to see Big light Carrie's cigarette with an X-tend/MaxiJet. FWIW.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Ligne 2 that I had retrofitted with a cigar burner. As to cost, let's face it-this lighter and the classic Dunhills are art objects that happen to light Pcigars (if you are indoors). Having said that, it's a good lighter as well.

Easyryder01

The Adjuster
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just saw for the first time 2 Dupont lighters at my local b&m and I can't believe that someone would actually pay $900.00 & $1,100.00 for a lighter when a $100.00 xikar will just as nice of a job. God bless the guy the guy that buys that they better have it insured just in case they loose it.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I just saw for the first time 2 Dupont lighters at my local b&m and I can't believe that someone would actually pay $900.00 & $1,100.00 for a lighter when a $100.00 xikar will just as nice of a job. God bless the guy the guy that buys that they better have it insured just in case they loose it.
Some people can't believe you would buy a $100 xikar when a $3.00 torch from hong kong will do just as nice a job. It's all a matter of scale man, if you can afford it and want one, why not?

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Some people can't believe you would buy a $100 xikar when a $3.00 torch from hong kong will do just as nice a job. It's all a matter of scale man, if you can afford it and want one, why not?
Same goes for Sunglasses, watches, wallets, clothing, and any other material object. My dollar store sunglasses kick butt when wake-boarding, but they don't have all the fancy features of the RB's or Oakleys. If you have the money, self indulgence of the more scarce and valued goods of society gives you satisfaction and attention one desires.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have an Xtend and its a great lighter. It just looks kinda beat up now from carrying in my pocket or back on certain occasions. I wish it came with some kind of case or pouch. Or maybe a more ruggedized finish.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an Xtend and its a great lighter. It just looks kinda beat up now from carrying in my pocket or back on certain occasions. I wish it came with some kind of case or pouch. Or maybe a more ruggedized finish.
Dirty little secret of mine: The X-tend fits perfectly in the Xikar case for their Executive lighter. :smile:

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I have gone through hundreds of dollars in other lighters, only to settle with a Ligne 2 as my soft flame and an Xtend for a torch. The Xtend only cost 125 on sale, so on par with the other torches. I will never look back, these are great.