What's new

How's your day going?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
12x18 ceramic tile. I'm having that done, all day up and down on my knees is beyond me. The flooring guy wanted $1500 to remove the wood floor by the time i rented the tool and paid the help I hope the way I feel tomorro is worth $800.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Aside of your flooring problems this might be the greatest idea for a thread EVER! Very similar to "banter" threads on other forums, which I like.
It helps us all get to know each other better imo.
BTW...Termites can suck eggs!!!:mad:(n)

My day was ok. We pulled down sheetrock and insulation at a house that had water damage from all the snow.
The insulation had tunnels all through it, so small pieces of caca were involved.
Yada yada yada, I was covered in sheetrock dust, insulation and mini poo's all day.
I took a shower, drank a beer, and now I'm making lasagna, so things are going much better now.;)(y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Aside of your flooring problems this might be the greatest idea for a thread EVER! Very similar to "banter" threads on other forums, which I like.
It helps us all get to know each other better imo.
BTW...Termites can suck eggs!!!:mad:(n)

My day was ok. We pulled down sheetrock and insulation at a house that had water damage from all the snow.
The insulation had tunnels all through it, so small pieces of caca were involved.
Yada yada yada, I was covered in sheetrock dust, insulation and mini poo's all day.
I took a shower, drank a beer, and now I'm making lasagna, so things are going much better now.;)(y)

yuck, when it involves insulation it's never good.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I too like the idea of this thread!

Burned off all of my rotten firewood this past weekend. Then I cleaned, re-painted, and oiled my firepit because it won't be used again until the winter. You feel like sitting next to a big fire in 100 degree humid heat? Me either. :D

Want a little tip for maintaining firepits/smoker fireboxes? Get all of the ashes out the next day. Never leave them in there to sit. Once they're out, spray the hell out of the metal with some cheap canola/vegetable oil cooking spray. A nice greasy layer. Then keep it covered with a waterproof tarp, etc. Water and metal are not friends. Not sure how much science there is behind the oil thing, but I can tell you I have little to no rust on my gear and I do this religiously. Any rusty spots need to be hit with some steel wool and then some high-temp spraypaint ASAP.

Bought a 1/4 cord of oak and restocked my wood rack. I am now prepared to finally fire up the offset smoker this summer.

WVangler

Old blind guy yelling at the sun..
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can relate except my disaster is from above not below. Not long after we moved into our “new old house” we found out the hard way there was a leak in the ceiling above the bathroom. Drywall blanketed 70% of the bathroom from above. 20 or so years ago I would’ve been all over it fixing it. After the cleanup I patched the hole and got quotes for the repairs. Cost me $3000 to get it all done. They found some mold and had to remove it as well. Could be been much worse I guess but still a nice 3am crash that sounded like a tree fell on the house. Cost of living in the middle of nowhere in the mountains I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I too like the idea of this thread!

Burned off all of my rotten firewood this past weekend. Then I cleaned, re-painted, and oiled my firepit because it won't be used again until the winter. You feel like sitting next to a big fire in 100 degree humid heat? Me either. :D

Want a little tip for maintaining firepits/smoker fireboxes? Get all of the ashes out the next day. Never leave them in there to sit. Once they're out, spray the hell out of the metal with some cheap canola/vegetable oil cooking spray. A nice greasy layer. Then keep it covered with a waterproof tarp, etc. Water and metal are not friends. Not sure how much science there is behind the oil thing, but I can tell you I have little to no rust on my gear and I do this religiously. Any rusty spots need to be hit with some steel wool and then some high-temp spraypaint ASAP.

Bought a 1/4 cord of oak and restocked my wood rack. I am now prepared to finally fire up the offset smoker this summer.

View attachment 181723
The oil/lubricant thing works with guns. So, it seems like it should carry over.