What's new

How's your day going?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Over two weeks and still waiting on the Tile Guy, worked hard to get it ready right away,

We've argued over and then selected three different tile patterns because the original tile was delayed. Every one of them came back as un-available or "by the time you get the new tile the original tile will be in". My wife is now in-charge of negotiations with a promise of install before the 4th.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Over two weeks and still waiting on the Tile Guy, worked hard to get it ready right away,

We've argued over and then selected three different tile patterns because the original tile was delayed. Every one of them came back as un-available or "by the time you get the new tile the original tile will be in". My wife is now in-charge of negotiations with a promise of install before the 4th.

He won't stand a chance. This should be good for a few TikTok videos.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My wife is successful in the corporate world. I had a bit of success owning a small business. Our decision making styles are so completley different. She's a consensus builder, ask a lot of different opinions, make sure everyone is comfortable with the final decision, ask again, look for common ground. Mind you she does this while trying to pick f*****g floor tile. I'm used to asking opinions, making a decision and moving on. Damn the torpedos, if the outcome sucks, it's my fault. Make the best decision I can and deal with problems as they arise.

Imagine having to go through this combined/conflicting decision making process three times to select floor tile.

Now step back and imagine having to make a mutual decision on new wall paint. Life is Hell.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife is successful in the corporate world. I had a bit of success owning a small business. Our decision making styles are so completley different. She's a consensus builder, ask a lot of different opinions, make sure everyone is comfortable with the final decision, ask again, look for common ground. Mind you she does this while trying to pick f*****g floor tile. I'm used to asking opinions, making a decision and moving on. Damn the torpedos, if the outcome sucks, it's my fault. Make the best decision I can and deal with problems as they arise.

Imagine having to go through this combined/conflicting decision making process three times to select floor tile.

Now step back and imagine having to make a mutual decision on new wall paint. Life is Hell.
I ran in to similar situations when we had to rebuild part of the house after some water damage. It would take my wife days to decide on three possible choices and then start the process of making a final choice.

Me, I went in to the shop with the contractor and had both the floor and wall color picked in less than twenty minutes.

"What colors do you like?"

*Kind of broad answer*

"This color spectrum or this one?"

*Points and starts waffling instantly*

"These four are in your spectrum. This one will be too dark and you'll want a new floor in six months, this one is too bright and will wash out with the lights on, and this one is out of stock. So, this is our color."

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I ran in to similar situations when we had to rebuild part of the house after some water damage. It would take my wife days to decide on three possible choices and then start the process of making a final choice.

Me, I went in to the shop with the contractor and had both the floor and wall color picked in less than twenty minutes.

"What colors do you like?"

*Kind of broad answer*

"This color spectrum or this one?"

*Points and starts waffling instantly*

"These four are in your spectrum. This one will be too dark and you'll want a new floor in six months, this one is too bright and will wash out with the lights on, and this one is out of stock. So, this is our color."

While thinking I've got a cigar and some bourbon waiting for me.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
"Sweetheart. please go get the 2 cans of paint we'll need this weekend to paint the living room, hall and foyer"

hour later she walks in with 3 cans of paint, "I got a rebate on the paint so you may as well do the kitchen and dining nook"