What's new

Hurricane Sandy!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Stay safe everyone! And take a moment to remember these guys:
http://forums.accuweather.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=173956[/ig][/QUOTE]

Since 1937, the Old Guard has not vacated its post at the Tomb of the Unknowns.. not for one second.. not for any reason..

The unit has weather contingency plans.. and no soldier is required to stand post if it is determined that they could be in danger..

but even when those determinations are made.. volunteers step up, and the post has always gotten covered..

They refused to leave last year during Hurricane Irene.. and endured 40 MPH winds.. with gusts up to 70MPH recorded at Arlington National Cemetary..

Truely an amazing group of young men.. the epitome of dedication and resolve..[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I was proud to call them my brothers when I served.[/QUOTE]

They certainly are a special breed. I am fortunate to know one personally... definitely a man I admire.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Lost most of my fence around my yard but house looks ok. Will have to do a better check in the morning. My street flooded but water stopped at the end of my driveway so I got lucky.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Never lost power here in Harpers Ferry, WV....I am shocked. We lose power from thunderstorms with regularity. Here's hoping that all who are affected by this are safe, well stocked with brown liquor, good cigars, and charcoal to grill all of that meat that might thaw from the freezer being down.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh what fun here in the Pocono's, my department started at 6:30 PM trees, poles, wires down, road closures. Why do people feel the need to ram the roads during bad weather just makes our job as emergency responders harder. Thank God for coffee.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Most friends and family lost power, we did not. The wind was pretty bad at times, but I was surprised at the lack of rain, at least here in Philly. I haven't seen reports of a lot of flooding in my area, but a lot of power outages.

Making sure my friends and family have everything they need, it seems like everyone was pretty well prepared.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
still without power. tons of road closures, trees down on primary power lines. have a generator so we have fridge, tv and 1 light. but cable and internet is out so having power with no tv or internet pretty damn boring. my mom has power 2 towns over so i'm staying with her. just glad i live north LI, no real flooding here like the catastrophe that was southern LI.

a buddy of mine wanted a new car, so he "strategically" moved his car from his driveway to the street directly beneath a tree. said tree then falls right in the driveway where his car would have been had he not moved it.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
still without power. tons of road closures, trees down on primary power lines. have a generator so we have fridge, tv and 1 light. but cable and internet is out so having power with no tv or internet pretty damn boring. my mom has power 2 towns over so i'm staying with her. just glad i live north LI, no real flooding here like the catastrophe that was southern LI.

a buddy of mine wanted a new car, so he "strategically" moved his car from his driveway to the street directly beneath a tree. said tree then falls right in the driveway where his car would have been had he not moved it.
That's rich!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One of the lucky ones to have power, but lost a lot of shingles off my roof. Still lots of road closed here in the Pocono's and about 45,000+ without power.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Partagas 1845 helped to get me through Sandy here in Jersey City. Lost my car to flooding but I'm just happy to be safe and sound. To all the brothers in the effected areas keep your heads up! We will all get through! Everyone make sure to light one up for all those guys.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Still no power here. Trees down everywhere, my house & family are all OK.

Luckily have a generator so we have heat, lights and hot water. Many do not.

Lots of folks have lost everything... SUX.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Still no power by me in north jersey. I consider myself lucky that that's all I have to deal with. Looking like it'll be at least next week before we get power back. I hope everyone made it through this okay

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh man, I hope everyone is ok.

My family is ok too. My cousin still doesn't have lights, but my uncle and his family and my my grandma, have lights already.
Some relatives of one of my moms friends drowned... tragic things happened.

I hope EVERYONE is safe.

Been thinking of you guys.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was heading West on rt 78 earlier today (going to the new CI store in Hamburg). Heading East was a large convoy of military hummers and tractor trailers with very large generators. I assume they were going somewhere in Jersey or NY.

We were without power until late Thursday night.