What's new

I am done with the Giants.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Really? You wouldn't rather have Brady or Peyton? I don't know many who would rather have anyone but either of those QBs in a 2 minute drill situation..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's a big difference between lusting after an immortal player, and being really happy with the player you have. Eli is tied with Johnny Unitas and his brother for the most 4th quarter TD's in a season. Anyone who wouldn't be happy with that is kidding themselves.

Or to put in another way, I'm a Jet fan. Would I love Tom Brady to be my QB. You bet. Would I love Eli to be my QB, you bet.

BTW Jose, Ramstein has some great offerings out now. Namely their Winter Wheat and Double Platinum. Great stuff.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
To each there own. I want no one else in the game with 2 minutes left with a chance to win. He's money.
Then why did you declare giving up on them before the 2 minute warning came?!? LOL

Bandwagon... :razz:

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Then why did you declare giving up on them before the 2 minute warning came?!? LOL

Bandwagon... :razz:
Been on the bandwagon since 84. I know the Giants pretty good, even I was surprised last night. This year has been tough, very inconsistent D, although Jacobs seems to be back. We ll see, they'll need the D to go anywhere though.

....I wasn't giving up on Eli, just giving up on the D.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
BTW Jose, Ramstein has some great offerings out now. Namely their Winter Wheat and Double Platinum. Great stuff.

Sounds good! I'll have to try to make my way up there, none of my shops around here carry it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounds good! I'll have to try to make my way up there, none of my shops around here carry it.

The two I mentioned are only in kegs and growlers. Winter wheat is a dark wheat and is around 10%, and double platinum is lighter in color and is around 7%. At some point in the winter he leaves some kegs of winter wheat outside to freeze and creates his Eisbock. We'll have to wait a while for that one.

Back to football, I'd take Tebow over all of them! After all, my team was one if his last minute victims.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For anyone who says Eli Manning blows, should watch him this year. He's been money. It's a shame there D is absolutly terrible, defense wins championships. If they can't find a will on defense than they're dead in the water. The way Eli and the O have been I feel pretty good when hrs got the ball. No only if Boothe cann snap him a regular shotgun snap....his snaps have been everywhere.
Completely agree with everything that you said. The D will be the tell all.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I'd rather have Big Ben over any QB in the league when the game is on the line. Of course, I'm a lifelong Stiller fan, so no surprise there. I will say that I had enough confidence in Eli to start both Nicks & Cruz on my fantasy team this past weekend for the playoffs & none of them let me down...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
.....now can I be done? Unfortunatly I was at that debacle. More unfortunatly the Giants can still clinch by beating the jets and cowboys. I still have undeserved faith.....

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Eli looked like a deer in the headlights today. The guy I was playing in my fantasy playoffs actually started him & that basically won the game for me!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Eli looked like a deer in the headlights today. The guy I was playing in my fantasy playoffs actually started him & that basically won the game for me!

You couldn't be more wrong actually. All 3 picks were the fault of the receivers. The one in the end zone happened right in front of me and Manningham pulled off his route while the ball was in the air. The amount of drops the receivers had on balls that were in their hands was incredible including a sure TD by Nicks.

Despite all of that he put up 257 yds.

I hope we get decimated in the next 2 so we can finally be rid of Coughlin, Gilbride etc. Anyone want to buy my tix for the Cowboys game?:glassesgr

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Regardless of who you want to blame them on, the last time I checked, all 3 INT's went against Eli's stat line. 23/40 (57.5%) for 257, 0 TD's & 3 INT's ain't a good game no matter how you slice it. Sure, his receivers played terribly & most if not all of the INT's were their fault, but I watched the entire game & Eli didn't look "with it" for most if it. I'm not saying he's a bad QB, just that he didn't have it yesterday. The offense isn't the problem, IMHO, it's the defense that needs an overhaul. Totally agree on Coughlin & Gilbride too & I'm not a Giants fan at all.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Regardless of who you want to blame them on, the last time I checked, all 3 INT's went against Eli's stat line. 23/40 (57.5%) for 257, 0 TD's & 3 INT's ain't a good game no matter how you slice it. Sure, his receivers played terribly & most if not all of the INT's were their fault, but I watched the entire game & Eli didn't look "with it" for most if it. I'm not saying he's a bad QB, just that he didn't have it yesterday. The offense isn't the problem, IMHO, it's the defense that needs an overhaul. Totally agree on Coughlin & Gilbride too & I'm not a Giants fan at all.

See but this is different than him looking like a deer in headlights. He didn't have the best game granted but a couple of those balls that were thrown perfectly get caught and it's a completely different game and stat line. The problem is that the one time the offense needed to be helped out this season the defense didn't step up. The D has been atrocious all season and I sincerely hope that a bunch of them aren't back next year.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I don't know who to blame honestly. Yesterday they all blew except Jpp. Defense just can't get off the field, at all. They're playing uninspired, and yesterday was a bad time for the O to suck. Time will tell.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I knew the Cowgirls would choke (again). The Giants will have their hands full with ATL coming to town next weekend. Very winnable game though.