What's new

I don't usually do this.....

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Ok gents interview was at 9am.......I feel good about it, but just not sure about the job. It's not a career position, so no bene's, the hours are not guaranteed.....basically I will be a carrier's assistant, and when they are off then I work, so we're looking at Sat & Sun only right now.

I was informed I will probably work 5-7 days a week, BUT only guaranteed really Sunday.......however I will be paid for 8 hours whether I get my route finished in 5 hours OR if I finish my route in 12.

I feel like this may be a scare tactic and after 90 days the people who can handle it and work efficiently will be hired on and the others let go.

My only beef is I want, no NEED at least 40hrs a week. The plus side is I will not have to use my own car.

I probably will not know anything for another 2 months, but wanted to give you all an update......thanks guys

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Ok gents interview was at 9am.......I feel good about it, but just not sure about the job. It's not a career position, so no bene's, the hours are not guaranteed.....basically I will be a carrier's assistant, and when they are off then I work, so we're looking at Sat & Sun only right now.

I was informed I will probably work 5-7 days a week, BUT only guaranteed really Sunday.......however I will be paid for 8 hours whether I get my route finished in 5 hours OR if I finish my route in 12.

I feel like this may be a scare tactic and after 90 days the people who can handle it and work efficiently will be hired on and the others let go.

My only beef is I want, no NEED at least 40hrs a week. The plus side is I will not have to use my own car.

I probably will not know anything for another 2 months, but wanted to give you all an update......thanks guys
Like I was telling you earlier today, most folks start out as a PT Floater. Which means you end up covering multiple routes on FT folks' days off. My step-dad did this ended up working 40+ a week every week.
*positive vibes* (y)

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Post Office sent me a "conditional job offer" Meaning they have to do a background & drug test. I spoke with the wife, and we are going ahead and taking the gamble. I accepted the position, now it could be another 2 months before I am officially hired. In that time Anthem could call, and I'll be honest, I'll probably take that job...............................here's to the post office not dragging their feet though, keep the ju ju coming fellas, and thanks for pulling for me.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Post Office sent me a "conditional job offer" Meaning they have to do a background & drug test. I spoke with the wife, and we are going ahead and taking the gamble. I accepted the position, now it could be another 2 months before I am officially hired. In that time Anthem could call, and I'll be honest, I'll probably take that job...............................here's to the post office not dragging their feet though, keep the ju ju coming fellas, and thanks for pulling for me.
Good luck man!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

My niece started the same way. Now she's full time w/ bennies. Gotta get your foot in the door first.

Good luck, brother!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Congrats and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you sir!
My niece started the same way. Now she's full time w/ bennies. Gotta get your foot in the door first.

Good luck, brother!
Yeah, that's what I've heard........do you remember how long it took her? Just out of curiosity's sake. I've heard 90 days, and I've heard as little as 2 months.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Yay!!!

(I'm currently updating my resume because this place has worn me down like a 20 year old mattress)

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Good luck Doug, They are still hiring ;)
Yea, I'm definitely not cut for that line of work. I'm hoping to dive deeper into supply chain management or the financial side of budget spending and tracking. I just suck at building a decent resume.
Btw, we're definitely busting out the good stuff next weekend, to celebrate this milestone for ya!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yea, I'm definitely not cut for that line of work. I'm hoping to dive deeper into supply chain management or the financial side of budget spending and tracking. I just suck at building a decent resume.
Btw, we're definitely busting out the good stuff next weekend, to celebrate this milestone for ya!
Yeah, you know math

Oh me O My!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thank you sir!

Yeah, that's what I've heard........do you remember how long it took her? Just out of curiosity's sake. I've heard 90 days, and I've heard as little as 2 months.
You know brother, I remember it taking a few months but, as one of the other brothers said, she got overtime almost every week due to filling in here and there. I wouldn't hold my breath on the overtime thing but you never know.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
You know brother, I remember it taking a few months but, as one of the other brothers said, she got overtime almost every week due to filling in here and there. I wouldn't hold my breath on the overtime thing but you never know.
Yeah, i'm not counting on OT, but I believe I will get it.....summer is coming up and people will be on vaca's and just taking time off, that's when Mick reaps the rewards