What's new

I Got A Call For A Job Interview

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Congrats bro! I know how long a summer without work is, I have to endure it every year.:king:

Enjoy the new job!

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
hey congrats on the job my friend. Looking forward to a celebration cigar with you sometime here this summer still.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Well I got the offer today and it was smack dab in the middle of the range so I was pretty happy. I go in on Wednesday to fill out all the new hire paperwork and then start on 8/11, first shift 6:00am to 2:30pm, right now there on a 48 hour work week, thinking about going to 60! Full benefits, health, dental, 401k, flex spending account, man I'm stoked!

marccote

Cigar Companero Editor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i received a phone call from a friend that I grew up with, (long story) and he asked me to do some work for him in the entertainment industry, my jaw dropped as the work he wants done requires a lot of trust and we havnt seen each other since 1978 I think, but we grew up together for some time and have a common thread in our lives in more ways then one. To get right to the point, Kevin Pappas sold the story rights to his life to Mandalay Films, more movie rights to Warner Brothers, book rights to Random House, and TV Mini-Series to Sony, he asked me to work with his team to help promote all of these as theyu start coming to life within the next year. For those interested in hearing about real life story Mafia Stuff, this is the real deal, Kevin and I grew up in Mafia Families that we did not knwo even existed when we were kids, he got into the famlily buisness and I stayed away but the Greek Mafia is one of the least known orginazations and most powerful, they actually depicted a little on the HBO series "The Wire" which is pat of Kevin's family territory. Well just thought I would share that and I hope ti works out, I have done pretty well stepping into the cigar industry which is a love of mine and I do out of passion and moslty just for cigar, and now possibly into the entertainment industry which I always kind of wanted to be involved in but never really seen any way that would ever happen with my looks (go ahead you can laugh) so here I am today with a phone call inviting me to work marketing in an idustry that BTW goes well with cigars.
For those intersted to find out about Kevin and his stuff here is his myspace page which is all the marketing that he has right now really on the web,
but you can also google Kevin Pappas and find maybe an articel ro two about him, the intersting one is the jumping the bus article

www.myspace.com/passionforpower

Yep, had a nice Opus Double Robusto after the offer came in. Sat in the back yard with a nice cigar and a few Captain & Cokes and just relaxed a bit. Linda's a happy mama now! :thumbsup:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
NVM I don't want to start anything. Back to what the topic was... Sounds like a good night Wade, and there'll be more with that salary!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well I got the offer today and it was smack dab in the middle of the range so I was pretty happy. I go in on Wednesday to fill out all the new hire paperwork and then start on 8/11, first shift 6:00am to 2:30pm, right now there on a 48 hour work week, thinking about going to 60! Full benefits, health, dental, 401k, flex spending account, man I'm stoked!
Awesome.
I hope you are working hourly. :grin: