What's new

I Got A Call For A Job Interview

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Dude. This calls for a celebration. Long distance, but a celebration...details to follow.:clap:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Congrats Wade! Awesome news for you! I've seen some of their work, and if I wasn't busy playing with trucks, I would definately consider trying to get in by them.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
So I got good news and bad news today.

BAD NEWS
With the change in plans, I won't be going to Sturgis this year. This is a bummer as it's my week away to really unwind, forget life and just have fun. Linda and I were talking about ironbutting it out there in a day, spending two days in Sturgis and then ironbutting it back in a day.

GOOD NEWS
I went in today to do all the new hire paperwork at Palmer Johnson, and when I was done they sent me to the wood shop to talk to Scott the Foreman there. I told him I was so damn excited that I could start tomorrow (I'm scheduled to start on 8/11) so he said fine, come in on Monday the 4th and you can start a week early. So, those are the plan changes that knocked Sturgis out of me, but I'm gladly giving up Sturgis to go to work a week early.

This will be a life changing job for me as I usually go to bed somewhere between 2-3:00am, now working 6:00am to 2:30pm, I'll have to leave home by 5:00am which means getting up at 4:15am which means bedtime is now somewhere between 9-10:00pm! Note to self...stock up on Black Dog!

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The good thing about Sturgis Wade, is that it happens every year. You'll make it out next year! Congrats on the job, I'm glad that everything worked out for you!:applause:

Then again, you could get crazy and "ironbut" it! :glassesgr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Wade! Be sure to load up a travel humi to take with you each day. I live less than 10 minutes away from work now and the one thing I miss is being able to enjoy a smoke and unwind on the way home.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Be sure to load up a travel humi to take with you each day.
No doubt! I'm sure I'll have one on the way in and on the way home nearly every day. But I will try to take the motorcycle as much as possible to save on gas, plus it's just 50x more fun to ride the bike than the Expedition.