What's new

I have beef with the last Jedi *spoilies*

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
First Star Wars was great, now we are on the what number sequel? Maybe the time has come to come up with something new and totally different, with a new and different title.

Honestly many remakes, or sequels just don't do it for me personally. True Grit with the Duke aka John Wayne can not be made better, it is a movie classic.
Well I do believe this was the last one, until the new Trilogy starts, or is there going to be an episode 9 and 10 first?

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I think there is at least episode 9 coming....
Yeah I think so too, plus the Solo, Boba and Obi-Wan movies crammed in there between each Trilogy film, it's never gonna end people, I'm 48 years old and I'm still seeing SW in the theaters......at this rest my stepson who is 11 will he taking his kids to see it.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
some things bothered me, but overall - a well done movie....
- Unless Kylo was lying to her (doubtful), having rey's parents as a nobody was a poor choice. . particularly since it was this big mystery going into this movie. Wasted opportunity to make a great plot twist of some sort
- I feel like the entire trip to go find the "Code Breaker" was completely unnecessary
- Did not like how they portrayed luke - end of movie helped a little bit. . slightly
- Was craving an epic fight between luke & kylo . . another missed opportunity. It SORT of happened, but no
- Mystery of who Snoke was . . didnt matter - another wasted opportunity for something cool

** one cool thing, if anyone noticed. At the end of the movie, the original jedi texts were in that random drawer Finn opens to grab supplies out of. . . I think**

just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yeah I think so too, plus the Solo, Boba and Obi-Wan movies crammed in there between each Trilogy film, it's never gonna end people, I'm 48 years old and I'm still seeing SW in the theaters......at this rest my stepson who is 11 will he taking his kids to see it.
It’s a money maker and as one of those rare films that spans generations they will milk it for all its worth. Hopefully some of the backstory movies will be better

- Unless Kylo was lying to her (doubtful), having rey's parents as a nobody was a poor choice. . particularly since it was this big mystery going into this movie. Wasted opportunity to make a great plot twist of some sort
- I feel like the entire trip to go find the "Code Breaker" was completely unnecessary
- Did not like how they portrayed luke - end of movie helped a little bit. . slightly
- Was craving an epic fight between luke & kylo . . another missed opportunity. It SORT of happened, but no
- Mystery of who Snoke was . . didnt matter - another wasted opportunity for something cool

** one cool thing, if anyone noticed. At the end of the movie, the original jedi texts were in that random drawer Finn opens to grab supplies out of. . . I think**

just my 2 cents
I second everything you said, quite a few let downs in this movie

Rating - 100%
97   0   0

just my 2 cents
Yea, the parents and Snoke were too of the biggest letdowns in a movie story line that I've ever seen. My only hope is they're patched up in the last movie of this trilogy. I'm on the fence about being optimistic about that though.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Jurassic Park is another one of those movies that they keep bring out another movie about.. I expect soon there will be another Jurissic Park flick.

I like all the Jurassic Movies.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Jurassic Park is another one of those movies that they keep bring out another movie about.. I expect soon there will be another Jurissic Park flick.

I like all the Jurassic Movies.
you havent seen the trailer? it's been airing for a couple weeks now lol.

and yeah I agree with all of sweems comments aside from the luke thing, I kinda liked how he was a curmudgeoney old man at the beginning. one question though, if he was just astral projecting himself from the jedi temple and was incorporeal then how did he hug leia? totall bullshit about snoke and rey though for sure.

also those were def. the jedi texts at the end. how they got there who can say.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Honestly being 110% honest I have looked for the trailer, maybe it is not being show where I live. I don't do movie much any more, as our News has been doing story's about all the bed buginfestation in the local movie theaters.

I do most of my movie watching on TV, expects the latest Star War will be on TV in 180 days or so.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
First Star Wars was great, now we are on the what number sequel? Maybe the time has come to come up with something new and totally different, with a new and different title.

Honestly many remakes, or sequels just don't do it for me personally. True Grit with the Duke aka John Wayne can not be made better, it is a movie classic.

M<at be that is why I watch Turner Classic Movies.
Love TCM!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
you havent seen the trailer? it's been airing for a couple weeks now lol.

and yeah I agree with all of sweems comments aside from the luke thing, I kinda liked how he was a curmudgeoney old man at the beginning. one question though, if he was just astral projecting himself from the jedi temple and was incorporeal then how did he hug leia? totall bullshit about snoke and rey though for sure.

also those were def. the jedi texts at the end. how they got there who can say.
Rey stole em.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So then why complain about the bird things in this movie?
i dunno dude, i didn't find them particularly offensive. same with ewoks, they didnt really bother me either. jar jar is the only true enemy

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
maybe its just that as were older and more cynical we see the porgs for the blatant cash grab merchandizing ploy that they are. they serve no purpose in the movie. theyre just there so that parents will get their kids little porg plushies for christmas.

Edit: cuz lets be real, noone is buying jawa merch...aside from maybe the odd halloween costume or two maybe