What's new

I have beef with the last Jedi *spoilies*

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
maybe its just that as were older and more cynical we see the porgs for the blatant cash grab merchandizing ploy that they are. they serve no purpose in the movie. theyre just there so that parents will get their kids little porg plushies for christmas
That may be true, but hasn't that always been the case with star wars? All the toys? All the way back? I grew up in the original trilogy and had, like, 200 action figures, and a butt-ton of playsets, ships, games, clothes, bed-sheets, etc. What's wrong with getting kids into star wars? I saw the movies with my parents, and now my child sees them with me. It's awesome. I'd rather my kid play with porgs than guns. Although my threenager could give zero shits about the porgs, he just wants spaceships and light sabres anyway.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That may be true, but hasn't that always been the case with star wars? All the toys? All the way back? I grew up in the original trilogy and had, like, 200 action figures, and a butt-ton of playsets, ships, games, clothes, bed-sheets, etc. What's wrong with getting kids into star wars? I saw the movies with my parents, and now my child sees them with me. It's awesome. I'd rather my kid play with porgs than guns. Although my threenager could give zero shits about the porgs, he just wants spaceships and light sabres anyway.
well yeah, but as a kid all that registers in your mind is "cool i want that" as an adult you can objectively be like "ok that only exists to sell stuff". It has no purpose in the actual movie and sometimes, if studio execs get REALLY greedy they make a whole goddamn movie to sell merch *coughminionsmoviecough*

and even more rarely, studio execs make a movie entirely to sell merch and its actually pretty good, like the lego movie...but i cant even think of more than one or two cases of that.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
well yeah, but as a kid all that registers in your mind is "cool i want that" as an adult you can objectively be like "ok that only exists to sell stuff". It has no purpose in the actual movie and sometimes, if studio exes get REALLY greedy they make a whole goddamn movie to sell merch *coughminionsmoviecough*
Well, like I said, my kid ain't no lame so he don't care nothin but no porgs. So I'm fine with it. Also I liked this movie.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Well, like I said, my kid ain't no lame so he don't care nothin but no porgs. So I'm fine with it. Also I liked this movie.
oh yeah dont get me wrong, I liked the movie too, although I think force awakens was a bit better and rogue one blew them both out of the water

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
you havent seen the trailer? it's been airing for a couple weeks now lol.

and yeah I agree with all of sweems comments aside from the luke thing, I kinda liked how he was a curmudgeoney old man at the beginning. one question though, if he was just astral projecting himself from the jedi temple and was incorporeal then how did he hug leia? totall bullshit about snoke and rey though for sure.

also those were def. the jedi texts at the end. how they got there who can say.
I liked the old curmudgeon luke... Idk, it was just some of the mannerisms/lines they chose. Example: Throwing away the lightsaber at the beginning was way out of character just to make a forced laugh... should of been an impactful emotional scene.

Overall, I really did like the movie despite my issues... it just could of been SO much more

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I know the internet says you're supposed to like empire the best, but in reality R1 is a better movie. Possibly TLJ, too. I need to see it a few more times. Despite the fact that the low points were prequel-level bad, the good parts were very, very good.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I had 2 main criticisms of Last Jedi, 1 wish it were more geared to a dude in his 40's(though I did love Chewy having a campfire dinner). 2. A couple roles were pretty weak to me the biggest General Hux( he was much better before) and Lea(though I loved the idea she was dead, at a part in the film)
I got nothing about the why a ship could halve another during light speed, I just thought it was cool.

And yeah, F1 was the strongest to me.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
TLJ was good.. But I was, along with so many others, completely disappointed. I think the series as a whole is in a weird place where it can never live up to the hyped expectations. For example, R1 was a freaking great movie, but it seems like everyone hated it until the next came out. Then they praised R1.. smh..
All I know is I liked it, and will be "forced" into buying it (see what I did there:playful::facepalm:) to continue the collection. As for this episodes bird things.. :finger: no thanks.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
There are a ton of holes in the story. The slicer and the whole shield bit really bugged me. If someone could wave their magic palm pilot and get past the shields then why don't they do that with boarding parties all the time? I thought that the jump to light speed through the first order was kind of creative at least, and somewhat realistic. and the whole origin of Snoke and Rae were just horribly dropped. Was really disappointed in it
That guy was a First Order plant. I think they probably let the shields down intentionally after he signaled them.