What's new

I like playing with my tobacco!

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Well I commend you in your endeavor and will be interested to see how your blends turn out, I like home mixing but it hadn't even occurred to me to consider whole leaf tobacco

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I think this will be cool way to get more into my pipes. I'm a little annoyed when I buy a tobacco from a blender/blending house and I have to dry it out for days just so I can smoke it properly. What's the point of all that moisture in the first place? Oh wait it's so you pay for water not tobacco. Look at the price difference between a 100gr brick of Semois vs 100gr of other baccy. The semois is a lot of volume for the 100gr when 100gr of other stuff is a very small amount. Plus being a cigar smoker for so many years before getting to pipes I really like raw natural tobacco taste. I think the pipe baccy is good but I am turned off by flavorings and excessive sugar additions.

I just wish fire cured was available when I ordered. That's fine though. I'll just pick some up when it's available again and more virgina to go along with the fire cured. I will be playing with toasting and making my own cavendish with some of these leaves. The most if anything I'll add to any of the blends is a very light spritz of water with some palm sugar for making flakes so they hold together better. I'll have to keep the moisture content low though because with out any preservatives my mold control will be moisture control.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Do any of you guys play around with your own stuff? Do you spice an off the shelf blend up with a little more latakia something along those lines?
No i dont yet. What i do, do is take all my leftovers from tins and from samples and put them in ajar labeled potpurri.
The best part is that sometimes these jars turn out really really good.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Not all the leaf is as nicely whole as the individual pictured but who cares. I am going to build a press mold this week and try a know decent blend I found as shred. If I like it I will make enough to make it a plug in the press mold and slice it for some flake after a month.