What's new

Ice chest to humidor conversion *Completed*

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Well it's starting to go together. I clued everything back together and added a little interior structure to help stiffen up the outer box and help seal the interior better.

I have it wired for a future elect. hydro. The cedar is starting to go in....just placed in, in the pictures.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow, that is impressive looking. I had my wife looking over my shoulder and really liked the look of it. Guess it's time for me to start looking.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Some varnish and she is good to go.

Should have enough pace for a few boxes in there.

A little look at the top.

This is where the singles will go.

Closeup of the top section.

Closeup of the lower section.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am impressed. You are very talented man, and fast too!

If I started something like this, I would only be half as finished, and would never finish the project because I have a short attention span. :lookaroun

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Well I managed to to build and install the hidden accessory drawer today...might as well use every bit of space available.

Now it's time to apply a couple coats of satin poly and then it's time to start conditioning the inside.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Well she's finished. Just going to season it for a few days. I'm going out to look for a small fan I can put inside to help season it.

The boxes are empty...just in there for looks.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
For those who haven't caught onto these, they are great for your humidor to circulate air. They are battery powered(for those without a power source). They turn on for 5 minutes then off for 15. The air freshener are not preloaded, so you can save them our throw them out.

I have them blowing across the dishes of distilled water to help move the moisture around.