What's new

Ice chest to humidor conversion *Completed*

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wow! That is incredible! I would have never thought of taking that thing all the way apart. Very impressive work. How well did the seal turn out?
It's seems pretty good, but time will tell. I'm still ablt to install some weather stripping if need be.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Kenny

Learning The Ropes
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nice work, Im really motivated to bust butt on my now to get it finished. Been working on it for several months it seems. I am dedicating this entire day to it and changing the oil in the tractor. LOL

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That is awesome looking! I'll have to start searching for a similar project, showed my wife the pictures and she loves the final product.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
That's pretty sweet! Nice job.

One question, do you have to open the main door in order to slide up the board to reach the accessory drawer you added?

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Fantastic looking humi as well as a nice bit of craftsmanship. You`ve inspired me. I`m using an improvised setup at the moment, but plan on building something proper this fall when things slow down.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the compliments.

I picked up some more Spanish cedar. I was going to purchase some trays but I couldn't stand the amount of wasted space it would create in my humi. Every source had them at 12 1/2", the inside of my humi is 15", so I wanted to utilize all the space.

Four will do for now..I still have room for six to eight more in the top section. The bottom is reserved for boxes.

I received my 65% beads from David at Heartfelt, this week. They are working great.

Attachments

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Thanks for the bump, that came out great! Too bad he doesn't come here anymore I could use his skills...