What's new

If you ordered a box of cigars and instead received 25 singles

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is not easy to do because it makes me look like the ultimate jackass.
Not only did I receive a box if sealed cigars as one would expect, but the USPS did not charge me the full amount for the package intercept option--they could have charged me an additional $15.
Oh it gets worse. Cigar Federation's Sam asked me to be sure and let them know how much money the package intercept fee was because they wanted to make it right for the whole lack of communication issue.
I am going to eat the bullet fee-wise because the jack-assery that I have committed on my end.
End story--I am dumb dumb, Cigar Fed had some communication problems, apologized, attempted to make it right, etc..
Feel free to rail on me unless you live in the state of California, use mustache wax, or you leave the bill of your ball cap flat (leaving the sticker on is worse).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was just kidding around, not making fun - we all get worked up over shit - it happens but it can still be funny - ha!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I don't think it makes you look like a jackass, I think it's simply an indication that 1)these types of things are best left private until the end result is known, and b)good, timely communication is crucial for anyone running a business.

That being said, I also always say problems are inevitable, its how you handle them that's important. CigarFed stepped up and wanted to make the lack of communication thing right, which is huge. You also came here and let us know you had jumped to conclusions and apologized, which is also legit. Good on both of y'all.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Not only did I receive a box if sealed cigars as one would expect, but the USPS did not charge me the full amount for the package intercept option--they could have charged me an additional $15.
Oh it gets worse. Cigar Federation's Sam asked me to be sure and let them know how much money the package intercept fee was because they wanted to make it right for the whole lack of communication issue.
I am going to eat the bullet fee-wise because the jack-assery that I have committed on my end.
End story--I am dumb dumb, Cigar Fed had some communication problems, apologized, attempted to make it right, etc..
Feel free to rail on me unless you live in the state of California, use mustache wax, or you leave the bill of your ball cap flat (leaving the sticker on is worse).
I'd make fun but I'm a Californian, mustache wax wearing, bill flipped up kind of guy. haha

Well at least you got what you paid for.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It takes a man to openly admit mistakes. We all live and learn.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Best to wring out the water from cigars when you get them - twist hard, then freeze them for 5 weeks, store them for at least two years before smoking them below 60 degrees and don't let the humidity get over 63.5%

Bump

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can't wait to give these guys their gifts. Is there a better gift to give than cigars? I can't think of a time in my life when a box of cigars wouldn't have been the best thing ever, and I am going all the way back to the age of 12, when I rolled my first cigar out of apple leaves and brown paper bag--was the wrapper if you will. Buying my wife's uncle a box of charter oak today. Poor guy lives in great falls, Montana. He's gonna have to wait out the whole winter before he can smoke a cigar outside. Makes the gift all that much better.

In other news:
Watched stranger things last night...hellava show.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There does seem to be some miscommunication going on at cigar fed. Client bought me two boxes of cigars for Christmas. Just arrived today. The invoice says 10 picked out of 24. Need a whole box.

Box is shrink wrapped but the Caldwell guarantee seal was clearly cut open by them. Thinking they pulled 14 singles from another box and added them. Anyone buy a box of caldwell the king is dead cigars (robustos)? If so, did your box have any fancy marketing mumbo jumbo when you slid the lid open?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I've received boxes of stuff by Drew Estate that were shrink wrapped with the seals cut. The manufacturer did it. I believe it is a second quality control check before shipping. Does Caldwell do it too? I don't know, but the larger point is, neither do you.
Vendors have similar prices, so a lot of their business comes from their reputation. Twice in as many weeks, you've taken to a forum full of their potential customers and accused them of unsubstantiated shady business practices. The first was clearly your fault, which makes me hesitant to trust in your ability to decipher their invoice and make any kind if assertions about the second.
I have no skin in this game. I've only had one dealing with them, and for the record, it went fine.
My advice to you would be, just give it a rest, dude.