What's new

I'm A Yacht Builder Once Again - *&^)%$#(#@!

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
:cursing: :angerFU: :sadstare: :bangbang: :angeryell :timebomb: :angerhead :stickbeat :cursing: :angerFU: :sadstare: :bangbang: :angeryell :timebomb: :angerhead :stickbeat :cursing: :angerFU: :sadstare: :bangbang: :angeryell :timebomb: :angerhead :stickbeat :cursing: :angerFU: :sadstare: :bangbang: :angeryell :timebomb: :angerhead :stickbeat

So I get the call today from PJ to find out when I start back to work. I wake up to:

2nd shift - damnit I was first shift before
Mandatory 48 hours - very cool, I can use the coin
2:30pm - 3:00am M-Th - ugh, that just totally fruckin sucks
Full time temporary three month max - Stab me right in the fucking heart!

Are you shittin me? Why the hell didn't she tell me the temporary three month max thing yesterday? Here for the last 24 hours I've been floating on cloud nine, finally got my break, back in the workforce...yeah, for a maximum of three months. I'll go back to work and make the best of it, work my ass off and hopefully they'll want to keep me on, but man, I couldn't be more depressed than I am right now. Talk about pulling the rug out from under someone.
Not even a courtesy reach around:nono:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Look for a silver lining....it's got to be there somewhere.

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It's a job. :dunno:

Make the best of it while you got it.

Don't mean to be harsh, but that is hardly bad news. Mildly annoying? Yes. Still, it is income for three months.

Quitcherbitchin. :inlove:

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Wade, are you nuts? Be thankful they called. What else you have going on that matches your skills so well. Enjoy it. Do not let that kind of attitude steal the joy of doing the job. It's a job you love. So what, the hours aren't great and it's only temporary. It'll keep the lights on and bread on the table.
Keep your chin up and eyes open. This may open up another opportunity in some other way.

Sorry to seem harsh bro. You know I'm on your side and want the best for you. It's just that I'm thinking how many people there are out here right now that would give their left nut for what you are talking about. There's a lot of folks struggling right now. I understand your initial dissapointment but I think you need to look a little deeper.

Of course you can always tell me to fuck off.

Best wishes and good luck.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Better to be workin while lookin than lookin on your own dime. Small silver lining but maybe worth reaching for.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
After the 3 months, drop a duece right on a work bench, then put a half smoked stogie in the middle lit end up....Taddah! a Shit Cake!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I know I know, sorry guys for the bad attitude, I just wish she'd had told me that yesterday. I had my hopes up for a nice stint there, who knows, maybe it'll still happen.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
The funny thing about God is he gives you only things you can handle. He has a reason for everything, so leave it in his hands brother!

Wow, I just sounded like my grandpa when he was alive. hehe.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
No worries brother. That's why we are family. I'm not saying you cant be a little disappointed, but at least money is coming in now. Who knows, maybe this will work into something that you weren't even expecting! I'll keep praying brother!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Not a chance

2:30pm - 3:00am

Leave home at 1:30pm...50 minute drive
Leave work at 3:10am
Arrive home 4:00am (shower, snack, unwind)
Go to bed 5:00am...sleep for 8 hours
Wake at 1:00pm
Leave home at 1:30pm

WTF, this just sucks

No sour grapes aloud right now when a lot of us are still holding out for something better than a weekly claim. Just count your blessings and be happy that you're working again.

I'm getting ready to leave the family for a three month period to get everything in order so they can join me in Utah.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wade, its a job you love doing and get wet dreams about just think of it as a midnight project you're working on. You never know in a couple of months the economy might just take a turn for the better and they'll be offering you a permanent position. Its much better than walking in there thinking you have a guaranteed job only to get laid off again. Keep your chin up brotha!
Posted via Mobile Device

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Would you be willing to work in Colorado Springs and make really high-end residential cabinetry/millwork?

TYLER

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Whoa, that was a long night, 2:30p - 3:00am, get home, eat, shower, sleep, wake, back to work. I will admit though, it was nice to cut and glue some wood again. Second shift does have a totally different feel than the first, I like the guys on first better, but second shift is sooooooo relaxed.