What's new

I'm from Boveda, and I come in peace.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Charlie:
The Boveda web site has a nice chart showing the number of 60g packs recommended for humidors and plastic containers, but I can't find any similar information for the small-sized packs. Can you tell me how many cigars per small pack is recommended, especially for a tupperdor? Thanks
How big is your tupperdor? How many sticks do you have? If you have enough room, just throw one of the 60g packs in and not worry about it, if you use a travel humidor, up to, I would suspect, a 15 count one, then use the smaller packs. Anything larger than that, i would recommend the 60g packs...

Just my humble opinion. That's what I love about boveda, you can use a 60g in a plastic bag with on cigar or in a tupperdore with 100 cigars, you won't over humidify your goodies!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, what is the proper way to rehydrate the boveda packs? Figured I might as well ask you since you're the man. There's a few theories here just wanted to compare to what you suggest.
Sorry for the delay Jesse. Short answer: We don't recommend it. It introduces maintenance and hassle into something that was explicitly designed to avoid both. That question, quite rightly, comes from a $ perspective. We believe the price of Boveda is small compared to the time spent fussing with re-wetting, trial and error or the cost of cigar/humidor damage by getting other products wrong. Just toss one Boveda per 25 cigar capacity in the humidor and check the packs for stiffness every couple months. Done.

If you find a method that works for recharging, do it! We want every cigar smoker to use Boveda, even if that means recharging. We just can't recommend it because it's counter to what Boveda was designed to do - free up more of your time with our zero activation/maintenance products so you have more time to enjoy your cigars.

Thank you very much for your business, Jesse! Let me know if I can be more help. Cheers!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How big is your tupperdor? How many sticks do you have? If you have enough room, just throw one of the 60g packs in and not worry about it, if you use a travel humidor, up to, I would suspect, a 15 count one, then use the smaller packs. Anything larger than that, i would recommend the 60g packs...

Just my humble opinion. That's what I love about boveda, you can use a 60g in a plastic bag with on cigar or in a tupperdore with 100 cigars, you won't over humidify your goodies!
@mi000ke, @Ducttapegonewild has it right, just throw a 60 in there. We say "Use the largest Boveda that will fit in any given container." Since Boveda won't over-humidify, you're never in danger of using "too much", you only concern is using "enough". NOTE: 8g's are only meant for air tight containers/travel humidors. I have a 10ct armored humidor that could easily fit a 60g, but I use 2 8g's in there and I don't think I've replaced them in 4-5 months.

Thank you very much for your business, let me know when I can be more help. Cheers!

Charlie

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Welcome from Philly!
I'm new to cigars, but quickly found Boveda for my tupperdor with some forum help.
So far my sticks are good-to-go!

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sorry for the delay Jesse. Short answer: We don't recommend it. It introduces maintenance and hassle into something that was explicitly designed to avoid both. That question, quite rightly, comes from a $ perspective. We believe the price of Boveda is small compared to the time spent fussing with re-wetting, trial and error or the cost of cigar/humidor damage by getting other products wrong. Just toss one Boveda per 25 cigar capacity in the humidor and check the packs for stiffness every couple months. Done.

If you find a method that works for recharging, do it! We want every cigar smoker to use Boveda, even if that means recharging. We just can't recommend it because it's counter to what Boveda was designed to do - free up more of your time with our zero activation/maintenance products so you have more time to enjoy your cigars.

Thank you very much for your business, Jesse! Let me know if I can be more help. Cheers!
I hardly ever recharge the 60g packs, but in the traveldore I have two 8g packs and every two weeks, I swap them with the two that are recharging.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
welcome buddy! you guys make the only product that I have been able to use in my humidor with out screwing the humidity up!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome from South Jersey.

Boveda is a lifesaver for me in the winter months when my furnace is constantly running. Keeping the RH% above 60 used to be a 2nd job, now I throw a couple Boveda packs in each unit and don't need to worry about my humidors/tupperdores staying properly humidified for 2-3 months at a clip. Great product.