What's new

% in Shop Vs. Online

What Percentage of your purchases are on-line?

• 0% - 20%

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • 20% - 40%

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • 40% - 60%

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • 60% - 80%

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • 80% - 100%

Votes: 79 48.5%

• Total voters

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
tedski said:
I'd also not feel right - just going into their shop and bringing my own smokes.
I'd truely like to support my B&M, but with taxes so high and prices so cheap online, I just don't want to. Besides I would never buy a $5 smoke that I'll never smoke. You get in good with the people that work there and they don't really care because you are "potential" business while there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cvm4 said:
I'd truely like to support my B&M, but with taxes so high and prices so cheap online, I just don't want to. Besides I would never buy a $5 smoke that I'll never smoke. You get in good with the people that work there and they don't really care because you are "potential" business while there.

Mississippi has high taxes on tobacco? I thought the tobacco taxes were similiar to Alabama's? Oh well.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ohio is a bit aren't bad and Kentucky is extremely low so that is why I shop local. That and the Weekly Tasting put on by The Party Source is usualy a good deal. In 2 weeks the big one is a CAO night 1 Brazilia, 1 Italia and 1 MX2 for the usual price.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The Prince said:
Mississippi has high taxes on tobacco? I thought the tobacco taxes were similiar to Alabama's? Oh well.
Just a high store to buy from in general since it basically has a Monopoly on the Jackson area. $20 for a PAM Torp without taxes :lookaroun

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
100% here, I would pick up a single if I were at the shop out of respect for the business but I haven't been to a B&M in a long time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havent bought many cigars but I would have to say that I go 90% on-line. Have only bout a few localy and that was mainly because i didnt have a stash yet or I just wanted to try that special cigar that I had my eye on.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Being in a country where you can buy cubans in most petrol stations and pubs plus the local tobacconists.. I buy regurlarly singles off line.. boxes however, I buy overseas and online due to the massive local tax.. but it is still nice to be able and go and try singles.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
Being in a country where you can buy cubans in most petrol stations and pubs plus the local tobacconists.. I buy regurlarly singles off line.. boxes however, I buy overseas and online due to the massive local tax.. but it is still nice to be able and go and try singles.
Oh sure, go ahead and rub it in Hawkan. :hysterica

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
This looked like a good one to revive.

The only reason I buy in the store is because they have a lounge and I want to support them. I don't buy boxes in the store, usually a nice premium or something that catches my eye.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
This was a good one to revive. I was just thinking about this yesterday, on my first trip to a B&M in over 6 months, I was wondering what everybody else's buying practices were.

I only went there looking for a PAM Monarca to replace one the my buddy smoked that I was offering up in a trade...they were asking $13.50. It's still there. That's one reason I buy online. I can shop the "virtual B&M's" and compare w/o driving all over town looking for something special that I want.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All online. I, like many others go into a few B&M shops to see what they have thats new. Its hard to spend the extra $$ on cigars at a B&M when you know you can get them online for 1/2 price. The B&M near me does a really good business anyway. I guess alot of their customers do not have humidors at home :dunno: