What's new

Incoming Chicago (labor day weekend)

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Can't smoke indoor at any public place, such as restaurants or bars (unless the establishment has a license for it, such as cigar lounges). Smoking has to be x feet from the entrance of an establishment (I think 15 or 25 feet) and I think 25 feet from any bar. Since the footprint of most bars here are long but narrow width, that pretty much forces it to be non-smoking.
iirc, in Illinois, if an establishment serves tobacco, they cannot serve alcohol. Explains why you can bring your own liquor to a cigar lounge and they will simply act like they never saw it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't smoke indoor at any public place, such as restaurants or bars (unless the establishment has a license for it, such as cigar lounges). Smoking has to be x feet from the entrance of an establishment (I think 15 or 25 feet) and I think 25 feet from any bar. Since the footprint of most bars here are long but narrow width, that pretty much forces it to be non-smoking.
iirc, in Illinois, if an establishment serves tobacco, they cannot serve alcohol. Explains why you can bring your own liquor to a cigar lounge and they will simply act like they never saw it.
@tadpole....Chaz we have buildings,restaurants,cigar places etc... around us that are like that too...

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The Foundry in Naperville/Aurora has an interesting setup. THey have a cigar lounge inside the main bar but it's a separate room with two doors and a great ventilation system. Wait staff go in and take drink orders, too.
damn, i totally forgot about the Foundry. haven't been there in a minute. might have to check them out during football season.