What's new

Injury pics. Do. Not. Look. (if you can't handle it) Cannot be unseen!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I was the same way about taking the pain meds after my Hip surgery , Hated it, So when it was time, (Between u and the Doc) U will know, I found that 2 extra strength Tylenol 500 mg did the trick, Doc told me that no more than 3000 mg a day would be safe, (U may want to check with ur doc) but I'm only doing that twice a day and its keeps my pain under control ......Before the Hip surgery I was taken extra strength Advil 8-10 a-day , it really jacked my stomach and kidneys up as @kit_luce was saying ......

The real thing that amazed me was the cocktails they give in the hostpital, OMG there was shit they gave me that should only be used on ISIS, very strong warning labels (don't get me wrong, I was in deep with pain, but after the stuff they gave me, I was so far out of it) So glad that is behind me ......

U got this @Glassman
Thanks Brad. Yeah, for sure.
My buddy has liver cyrossis from taking aleve every day.. :/

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So here's the updated pics from the last 2 visits. Docs say it looks good and encouraging... :eek:

Looks like hell to me, but their initial plan when they were getting me ready for surgery was to amputate to the knuckle, which would have really caused me problems.

They say this is healing underneath so my fingers should get back close to original size and shape. Working on getting them to move again now. They're kinda locked straight at the moment...

Week before last :
bc345de2a8ef875d455e6cc437287616.0.jpg
9c2f0401a7e1ffe785d39b25c6f72f51.0.jpg
This week:
c89c748816e44e5a9c88e95fef5e4515.0.jpg
6a7a2032cf5098b6745fe1e5272fc1bc.0.jpg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
That looks aweful bro. Good to hear the people who know are optimistic. Are you scared of the lawn mower? I was scared of miter saws for about a year after I had my finger out back together.

Stupid Tapatalk

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Instant pain… reminds me of the time I hopped down from the bed of the pickup truck I was riding in a couple days after getting my dick pierced. In boxer shorts and 90's hip-hop approved baggy pants (I think they were JNCOs). Imagine bungee jumping. Enjoy the mental picture.
I don't even....I can't even.....wha?

You intentionally put another hole in your wedding tackle?!

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Lol .. dont press the red button... click.

Sprays coffee back into cup!.
Thats gnarly dude. I've dealt with a few finger rettachments at work mate and in my experience black dead flesh can go either way. I'd be seeing the doc again now if you haven't.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Lol .. dont press the red button... click.

Sprays coffee back into cup!.
Thats gnarly dude. I've dealt with a few finger rettachments at work mate and in my experience black dead flesh can go either way. I'd be seeing the doc again now if you haven't.
Hahaha!

All of those pics were taken at the Dr's office while they had the bandages off.
Starring to look just a liiiitle bit better now.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Did it hurt?
At the time, no, not at all...

Til I rinsed it under the sink for some unfathomable reason..

Then nothing till about an hour later..

Then the morphine kicked in...

So all good. Through surgery and the night.

But the next morning..

Holy everlovin for crying out mother freakin damn, that fkn hurt...

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Any update Jeremy? Can you bend them yet?
Still look like hell. They don't feel good at all. Should have started putting honey on them much earlier. Some of the stitches are starting to come out, but they still don't feel fully reconnected.. But holding.
Gotta about half bend in them now. Working on it constantly.
Can finally let my hand down below my heart, and don't have to use the blue foam Lego much thankfully..

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Still look like hell. They don't feel good at all. Should have started putting honey on them much earlier. Some of the stitches are starting to come out, but they still don't feel fully reconnected.. But holding.
Gotta about half bend in them now. Working on it constantly.
Can finally let my hand down below my heart, and don't have to use the blue foam Lego much thankfully..
Yes, it takes quite a long time for it to heal enough to be reasonably pain free. Especially when you bump it a little, which took mine about a year. But the good news is it does get back to normal as long as you don't decide to crawl underneath a running lawnmower. :bigtears: