What's new

Interest in BOTL cookbook?

BOTL Cookbook

• Yes this is a good idea

Votes: 57 67.1%
  • Not a good idea. Waste of time

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Maybe it depends on who adds recipes and the cost.

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I thought it might be fun to put together a BOTL cook book for 2010.
I know we have a ton of talent here and could get some killer recipes.
let me know if this is a good or a bad Idea?

Thank you,
Stephen.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
If we have any brother here that work at a print shop and can help with pricing that would rock too. I see most places online have a min of 100 to print. I will contact some local places and see if they have the same or can do 50 75 depending on the votes. It looks like it will be around $10 for one and any extra money will go to BOTL to help fund the site.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
After talking to you last night I was going to start a thread sometime today with the Title of BOTL cook book and let everyone add their favorite recipe. Once we get a bunch we can make up the book. Plus until we get a cook book it will be great to have all recipes in one thread. What do you think of this steve?

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
After talking to you last night I was going to start a thread sometime today with the Title of BOTL cook book and let everyone add their favorite recipe. Once we get a bunch we can make up the book. Plus until we get a cook book it will be great to have all recipes in one thread. What do you think of this steve?
we do have a food forum. but yes, in one place would be nice.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I'm in for one just because it would benefit the board. But I have to wonder what the theme or 'catagory/type' of cookbook it would be? With so many different regions, styles, influences, tastes & diets - what would be the common 'thread' (pun intended) between all the recipes?

Pehaps a best 'herf food' collection? We could compile a list of dishes included appetizers, meat (grilled, smoked & roasted), veggie-head dishes, fancy dishes, side-dishes, deserts, etc... Perhaps call it the BOTL presents: the HERFIVORE's cookbook!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I think it's an excellent idea! Cooking is one of my 3 biggest hobbies, along with fishing and cigars. I'm also a big fan of Alton Brown. Looking forward to Virginiadeaux Cajun recipes!