What's new

Interest in BOTL cookbook?

BOTL Cookbook

• Yes this is a good idea

Votes: 57 67.1%
  • Not a good idea. Waste of time

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Maybe it depends on who adds recipes and the cost.

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I think this is a cool idea... as far as production goes, there are book making companies online that aren't too expensive. I have used www.blurb.com before with great results. Depending on number of pages; color vs. b&w; text vs. pictures; and hard vs. soft cover it can be as little as $5. (See here for pricing details.) I would be glad to work on putting the book together if we use blurb as I know the software. If we use another site, I don't know much about those.

The other cool thing about Blurb is that you can make the book public on their website so everyone can purchase their own and have it shipped to them instead of having one brother front the money and do all the shipping. Might help out with logistics.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
this is a really cool idea. i know a couple of you are chefs. and i'm sure there are a ton of grill masters here. recipes to compliment cigars.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm in for one just because it would benefit the board. But I have to wonder what the theme or 'catagory/type' of cookbook it would be? With so many different regions, styles, influences, tastes & diets - what would be the common 'thread' (pun intended) between all the recipes?

Pehaps a best 'herf food' collection? We could compile a list of dishes included appetizers, meat (grilled, smoked & roasted), veggie-head dishes, fancy dishes, side-dishes, deserts, etc... Perhaps call it the BOTL presents: the HERFIVORE's cookbook!
Excellent idea!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Very interested in getting a copy and I have a few recipes I could add.

Add away!
[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=36426"]BOTL recipe thread. - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]