What's new

Introducing myself to BOLTs, Jay Habanos

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I think I got really cynical because there are many cigar shop owners that don't even smoke but are recommending cigars to me. BOTL have anyone else have this happen to them?
No but I've had two shops tell me that there no such thing as the cigar I was smoking.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome from Calif.
@Jay_Habanos I'm only an hour south of you. Maybe one day we can get together for a herf. There are a few other BOTL in the area @JZBdano comes to mind. I could hang with you for a couple sticks and then I'm done.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I got really cynical because there are many cigar shop owners that don't even smoke but are recommending cigars to me. BOTL have anyone else have this happen to them?
I smoke every cigar before it even goes on the shelf. First thing customers ask is how it smokes and what strength and flavors. No one should be working in a cigar shop or own a cigar shop that doesn't smoke cigars, but I know they are around.

And @Jay_Habanos welcome from SoCal!

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
welcome from NC bro! thats alot of cigars how do you even taste the last half lol

and yeah, im def. more knowledgeable than the guy at my local B&M but that's fine I usually research something before i go out to buy it anyway

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I totally agree. I knew the good cigars and bad but I asked the OWNER (wow), what he recommends or smokes and he admitted he didn't smoke. That's my definition of the so called Fake smokers/owners. I go to cigar shops to see what they carry and maybe talk cigars. Obviously, not there, but this is a common occurrence in my experience.
I smoke every cigar before it even goes on the shelf. First thing customers ask is how it smokes and what strength and flavors. No one should be working in a cigar shop or own a cigar shop that doesn't smoke cigars, but I know they are around.

And @Jay_Habanos welcome from SoCal!
totally