What's new

Ipcpr 2014

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm....... No fun will have to figure out a way
Dave, want to start up a new "retail establishment" with me? :eyebrow:
Start a cigar blog. They give some badges to members of the media. However, from what I've heard they're going to clamp down on bloggers getting in, because some (not all) aren't legit...they just want free cigars. I think next year you have to be a member of the Cigar Media Association to attend.
Not to threadjack but what makes a blogger legit? (
Not asking for "donations" to fund your motorcycle :dunno:

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Start a cigar blog. They give some badges to members of the media. However, from what I've heard they're going to clamp down on bloggers getting in, because some (not all) aren't legit...they just want free cigars. I think next year you have to be a member of the Cigar Media Association to attend.
Not asking for "donations" to fund your motorcycle :dunno:
Hahaha that's awesome! Definitely not the way ha

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
That's a good question. There are a lot of legit bloggers who have a lot of readers, and there are some who have very little readers. I don't know if the number of readers you equates to legitimacy. I'm kinda curious about what standards you need to meet to be in the CMA.
I am curious if BOTL would meet that criteria. If so, would the members of said forum be invited or just the site owners? From what I quickly googled, it seems that the basis of the CMA is to disseminate information to the general public. What better way than to post on a super legit brother(and sister)hood of most excellent people. Well, except for ChefboyRG54, he's just a bully. :)

Regardless, if the mods want to pursue that avenue, it would only be a benefit to the brotherhood and something I'd be happy to look into it.

MJM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The padron 50th looks awsome. I Need that lighter to. Well I am officially broke now lol.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
hmmmm....... No fun will have to figure out a way
dave, want to start up a new "retail establishment" with me? :eyebrow:
start a cigar blog. They give some badges to members of the media. However, from what i've heard they're going to clamp down on bloggers getting in, because some (not all) aren't legit...they just want free cigars. I think next year you have to be a member of the cigar media association to attend.
not to threadjack but what makes a blogger legit? (
not asking for "donations" to fund your motorcycle :dunno:
hahaha that's awesome! Definitely not the way ha
lolol

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
That's a good question. There are a lot of legit bloggers who have a lot of readers, and there are some who have very little readers. I don't know if the number of readers you equates to legitimacy. I'm kinda curious about what standards you need to meet to be in the CMA.
I am curious if BOTL would meet that criteria. If so, would the members of said forum be invited or just the site owners? From what I quickly googled, it seems that the basis of the CMA is to disseminate information to the general public. What better way than to post on a super legit brother(and sister)hood of most excellent people. Well, except for ChefboyRG54, he's just a bully. :)

Regardless, if the mods want to pursue that avenue, it would only be a benefit to the brotherhood and something I'd be happy to look into it.
I am not a mod, however I believe BOTL is able to go if the so decide

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

You must have a crush on me

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

Nah, just calling it like I see it...

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

Nah, just calling it like I see it...
Me too

Great thread Craig!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
There hasn't been too much "buzz" at this years show the first two days. Everyone is talking about the Padron 50th and I have heard it's better than the Padron Millennium.

Cigars I am personally looking forward to off the top of my head are:

EP Carrillo Historia & 5 Year
Norteno
Ashton Symmetry
LFD 1994 (digging that beer stein)
La Palina Black Label
Jericho Hill (corona was awesome!)

Sooooo may huge ring gauges again this year. You almost get tired of hearing "and we added the 60 ring....." At every other booth.