What's new

iPhone 4.0 software

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
From what I have read the 3gs seems to be handling the update better than the 3g. You guys that are having battery drainage issues... are you running the g or the gs?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any 3G owners, looks like multitasking will not work.

From Apple's site...

Compatibility:
iOS 4 works with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G. Not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.
Yeah, I saw that same blurb. It was pretty disappointing to learn that. Most of the new "features" aren't available on a 3G (folders, multitasking, wallpaper to name a few) that I was very much looking forward to.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yeah, I saw that same blurb. It was pretty disappointing to learn that. Most of the new "features" aren't available on a 3G (folders, multitasking, wallpaper to name a few) that I was very much looking forward to.
Folders works on 3G phones.

And mine is also running noticably slower since the upgrade as well. On occasion, it just hangs there for up to 5 seconds or so before allowing me to enter my passcode to unlock the phone. damn frustrating.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Ok I updated my 3GS and my battery is not draining any faster than normal. I love the upgrade, folders and digital zoom on the camera. But I am not sure I like some of the updates on the mail folders

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Dumb question, but for those having problems, have you tried a hard reboot of the phone lately? Tends to help most issues.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yep, I've done a restart. No luck.

My 3G is definitely running the slowest it ever has and is also much more unstable. Almost every app I have is crashing at some point - even the iPod app crashed today.