What's new

iPhone 5 announced today at 1pm est?

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I am looking forward to see what it looks like and updates. I am due an upgrade in Dec so this will most likely be with what I go with. I am not loving my Droid anymore.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I am excited for the 4G/LTE aspect *allegedly coming to the iPhone line. I will lose my unlimited data plan when I upgrade, but most people are anyway who go with 4G.
For anyone who is interested, the media event will be covered LIVE from 10AM PST at Engadget.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I am excited for the 4G/LTE aspect *allegedly coming to the iPhone line. I will lose my unlimited data plan when I upgrade, but most people are anyway who go with 4G.
For anyone who is interested, the media event will be covered LIVE from 10AM PST at Engadget.
I thought if you were a current wireless customer that you would be able to get 4G unlimited data. I was looking at the new Droid Razor and the person in the Verizon store said I would still be able to get unlimited data for what it's worth.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im exited too...even tho not a fanboy, Ive had iphones since 2007, Androids and Blackberries for work... iPhone just easier to maneuver for me...even tho not as customizeable as android. Im eligible in November and probably will get it.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I thought if you were a current wireless customer that you would be able to get 4G unlimited data. I was looking at the new Droid Razor and the person in the Verizon store said I would still be able to get unlimited data for what it's worth.
I hope I can get grandfathered in, it does not hurt to ask I suppose.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My plan is to stick with the phone that I already have, save 1/2 the money that I would spend upgrading to a new toy and spend the other 1/2 on some nice stogies.

Six months from now when I'm eligible for an upgrade I'll buy an I-Phone 4S which I should be able to pick up for next to nothing at that point.

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
FWIW
I am with Verizon: and my buddy owns the store

In May I upgraded to Droid Razr Maxx and was grandfathered in on my unlimited contract. Last month my kids both upgraded to iPhone 4s and lost the unlimited data...

I do not think it was a platform issue, but rather Verizon is removing unlimited plans as they renew contracts.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I upgraded to a 4S about a year ago, so I have another year before I eligible for upgrade. My 4S has 4G(AT&T) now, but I mostly use wifi just about anywhere I am. I have wifi at work, home, friends houses, parents house, all the cigar shops I frequent, and a couple bars & restaurants already programed in, so I am covered about 90% of the places I am at. I don't see any need to upgrade right now, if I wait until my contract is up I am sure the latest and greatest iPhone 5(insert version number here) will be out then anyway.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
At Verizon you can keep your unlimited data plan but they will not offer you a discount on a phone at upgrade. This took effect in June following the announcement of the "Share Everything" plans. YOu can upgrade but it will switch you to the old standard of paying per two GB of data useage. Most find they are not using as much data as they thought in the first place.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
If you get a Razr get a Razr Maxx. The battery on the old standard Razr sucks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm pretty sure Apple is already working on their Powerpoint Presentation explaining why the iPhone 6 is soooo much better then the iPhone 5...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Still have no desire to own an iPhone. Maybe the iPhone 6s-4g limited edition version will finally do something for me.