What's new

iPhone 5 announced today at 1pm est?

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The connector part is sad ) =
Luckily I dont have alot of stuff to change out, so for me not a big deal
We always use 3-4 chargers for everything we own, so it's something significant if/when we both get new phones. That's 6 additional chargers to get. I know the Androidiots are laughing about how Apple has to have a proprietary connector, but at least it didn't change in 9 years. I did have to upgrade chargers more often with BlackBerry and the phones before that. Oh well.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
The connector part is sad ) =
Luckily I dont have alot of stuff to change out, so for me not a big deal
We always use 3-4 chargers for everything we own, so it's something significant if/when we both get new phones. That's 6 additional chargers to get. I know the Androidiots are laughing about how Apple has to have a proprietary connector, but at least it didn't change in 9 years. I did have to upgrade chargers more often with BlackBerry and the phones before that. Oh well.
Probably see some cheapish adapters come out. What's a few more bucks on a $200+ phone and a $100+ monthly bill. You will also need new otterbox/lifeproof cases as well.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Probably see some cheapish adapters come out. What's a few more bucks on a $200+ phone and a $100+ monthly bill. You will also need new otterbox/lifeproof cases as well.
Lifeproof already has a case in the works, so I'm ready for that. The adaptors look dumb. I might get a pair of those for the chargers at the house, but, I wouldn't use them anywhere I charge daily.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I will be buying one the first change I get, not for the new features (though I am excited for that) but because I and anyone else with a 4s can make money by purchasing an iPhone 5 and selling the old one on craigslist.
That's always been my favorite part about iPhones, the people who are willing to pay more for my used phone than I did a year ago when it was brand new.

I will however miss having my phone jailbroken, hopefully there will be a jailbreak for IOS 6 out soon!

Not to turn this into a debate about jailbreaking, but did you guys know you can get an unlimited pandora skip and no ads hack that allows you to download songs from pandora right to your phone? Effing awesome!:hysterica

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Just remember, lots of folks couldnt wait to get the Iphone 4S and they quickly returned it due to bugs. The second release fixed those. So one might want to wait a bit to allow the bugs to be fixed.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Galaxy S3 or HTC EVO 4g lte. Twice the phone, half the price. And your screen won't shatter if you look at them funny. IPhones are way to hyped/expensive for what you get. My 69 cents lol

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I currently own an iPhone 4 and love it. However, I feel there is no need to upgrade to the 4s or 5. After playing with my friend's galaxy s3, the iPhone sucks!

But once again, the marketing geniuses at Aple know how to sell a phone. 18% reduction in weight....li have never complained about my iPhone being too heavy. "gosh, I wish my iPhone 4 was 18% lighter and had 3 microphones!" lol the upgrades just don't seem worth it to me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galaxy S3 or HTC EVO 4g lte. Twice the phone, half the price. And your screen won't shatter if you look at them funny. IPhones are way to hyped/expensive for what you get. My 69 cents lol
I currently own an iPhone 4 and love it. However, I feel there is no need to upgrade to the 4s or 5. After playing with my friend's galaxy s3, the iPhone sucks!

But once again, the marketing geniuses at Aple know how to sell a phone. 18% reduction in weight....li have never complained about my iPhone being too heavy. "gosh, I wish my iPhone 4 was 18% lighter and had 3 microphones!" lol the upgrades just don't seem worth it to me.
+1 Completely underwhelmed by the offering. I've been carrying an iPhone since the 3G. Won't upgrade this time. Samsung Galaxy 3 is a much better overall deal.

forty

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
to me the other phones are to big I like the size of the iPhone. I have always had the iPhone wind will most likely always have an iPhone thats me. I am no where near a fanboy but do truly enjoy apple products. I think the iPhone is great for what I do. But I think phones are alot like anything else everyone has their personal preference.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am due for an upgrade and will be getting one next Friday for sure. I had a white one last time and I think I like the black better for the 5. Something about the matching sides does it for me!

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I "upgraded" from the iPhone 4 to an HTC One X earlier this year and am regretting it. Probably ordering an iPhone 5 soon. Android is a lot more feature rich, and the hardware from HTC and Samsung is really good on most counts, but battery life really sucks. I was rarely thrilled and excited by my iPhone, but it was reliable and rarely left me frustrated...

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Totally agree about android being much more feature rich, but battery life sucks the fat one. I could go days without needing to recharge my old iPhone, but with my HTC, I've got to plug it in to the charger by midday!
I missed itunes the most since I got this HTC, and can't wait to switch back to apple.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I missed itunes the most since I got this HTC, and can't wait to switch back to apple.
I actually really like Google Play and use that for music. It has a feature similar to iTunes Match, where you can upload your music to the cloud. Then again, I don't listen to music much on my phone--much more common for me to listen on my PC or tablet.

That said, I am a huge fan of the Android tablets. I replaced by iPad with a Google Nexus 7 and think it is incredible. Battery life is good except when playing games that use the Tegra chip. And it fits in my suit jacket pocket. I regret switching to an Android phone, but have no intention of switching back to the iPad, especially given the much higher cost.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
soo i went in the total opposite direction and upgraded to the galaxy s3. battery life does not bother me because i sit at a desk job and work a 9-5 job and my phone is constantly charging in the computer USB.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
For me, the best news is that I'll be able to buy a 4s on the secondary market for much less today than two days ago!

The hunt begins...

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I "upgraded" from the iPhone 4 to an HTC One X earlier this year and am regretting it. Probably ordering an iPhone 5 soon. Android is a lot more feature rich, and the hardware from HTC and Samsung is really good on most counts, but battery life really sucks. I was rarely thrilled and excited by my iPhone, but it was reliable and rarely left me frustrated...
I hear you, I had a iPhone 3GS and switched to the Droid X and have been very frustrated with it. It would always just reboot at the worst possible times and the battery just drains with only a handful of emails and few phone calls. I am switching in Dec to iPhone 5.