What's new

iPhone

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you check out what you're getting $500-600 is a steal. It's like a $300 iPod smashed into a $600 mobile PC by some crazy superman diamond making strength.

I got the see it unveiled at the expo, and damn was there a crazy reception to it.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I love it, but the wireless carrier kills it for me. I just have to hope Verizon can get there hands on it in the next year or so.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Apple rules, that's all I can say. They are so cutting edge and they seem to know exactly what the consumer wants. I think Apple is really going to start revolutionizing more than just digital music with this new iPhone.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The device looks amazing, but I am not going to get rid of my treo and sign a 2 year contract with another carrier just to lay out $600 for it!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Like always, I was following the keynote on the 'Net....and even tho I was expecting the iPhone, it *STILL* blew me away.

If you go play around on their website, you can get a real feel for how freakin' awesome it is.

They REALLY pushed the tech world forward with this one....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I could see hurting it so far would be ruggedness or lack there of. The screen just screams "SCRATCH ME!!"

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The only thing I could see hurting it so far would be ruggedness or lack there of. The screen just screams "SCRATCH ME!!"
Thats why you get one of those invisible shield type things that was designed to protect helicopter blades originally. I put one on my PSP and my first Nano and it makes it totally scratch proof.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Check this thing out http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ModBook
Pretty cool, I wish apple would make one themselves with a screen like the phone has.
The rumor is that Apple will be releasing a tablet Mac in the near future and uses similar sensor technology found in the iPhone.

Interestingly enough, Cingular is in an exclusive agreement with Apple to be the sole provider till 2009. Sorry guys, the phone is locked as well so no chance of finding any unlocked iPhones at a reasonable price.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I think it is is pretty cool.

Like anything else though, the price will drop quick enough.

I am already a Cingular/AT&T customer through my work BlackBerry and I like the service for the most part.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Apple rules, that's all I can say. They are so cutting edge and they seem to know exactly what the consumer wants. I think Apple is really going to start revolutionizing more than just digital music with this new iPhone.
:yes: They certainly seem to keep hitting one home run after another.:thumbsup:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think they've been very consistently hitting home runs for about 10 years now.

It just took the wild success of the iPod to make them relevant to the mass media (who but a few short years earlier had proclaimed them "beleaguered" and left for dead)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HEY, It's just a New NEWTON... Anyone remember them, I still have 2 in here.. The Newton had a Full Screen write and hand writing recognition, this would seem the next step..

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
But this phone does use the SIM card, right? So there could be some new ones out there on Ebay that are reasonable in about a year or so.