What's new

iphone

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
yes.

poor reports on the batteries. cannot replace them yourself. have to send the phone back when it no longer charges because it is soldered in place.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
hey dave, dont ruin my night...just kidding. any reports on how long the battery should last before needing replacement.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I think my next phone will either be the iphone or razr2. But that's a couple years down the road when they get MUCH cheaper.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The non personal replacement of the batteries has always been an issue with Apple. You can replace the iPod battery yourself and I'm sure someone on the net sells a kit for a replacement battery.

If you get the phone, see if the Apple iCare is available, it's basically a very good extended warranty which will cover you for the battery. I have it for my iPod and will use it when I need to.

Have they spoken about a second version release coming out? I would think you might want to wait if/when that comes out to get all the bugs out.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i am sure that in a couple of years, there will be improvements on the iphone. i will still buy one soon. in a few years, i will replace it with the newer version.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
As an IT Professional I can tell you that there are so many phones out there that are better and offer many if not all of the features that iPhone touts. I personally have a Treo and with a 2 GB San Disk, I am running most of the apps (second party software) that Apple offers.

Check out the Cingular 8525 (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT&#37;26T+8525&q_sku=sku970003) or the T-Mobil Wing (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Detail.aspx?device=acc8102d-4506-4eaa-bc2f-9c7b8ec1b1e0)

Just my two cents.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've had good luck with my Razr, except when I got some water on it, but that was my fault!

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I had very good luck with my RAZR until I "lost it". I've got a SLVR now and eh - it's only okay.

The price drop on the iPhone is very, very tempting though!

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I got my iPhone the day it came out, had 4 people in front of me at 11.30 at night, so no problem. it's so much fun it still makes me giggle and I had a Treo600, Treo650 and treo680, great phone but about as much fun as an enema.
the iphone is awesome, I am not worried about the batteries, apple customer service is amazing. the price drop is even better. I don't care, I would have spent up to a grand on it, but for that money..............and today they announced that even early adopters will get $100 bucks back through apple store credit. a nice gesture but I would have been cool even if they wouldn't have done that.

the iPhone is fun and I promise you that you will NEVER put it down even if you don't have to make a call all day. battery lasts me 1day and I have it on all day long, making calls, using it for work, watching videos and pictures and browsing the web.

but I have to say, I am not one to wait for second generation anything, just wasted time, I rather enjoy right away

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Like they are doing anyone a favor with this $100.00 credit.

You have to spend it at Apple and you most likely spend even more than that.

So they just made themselves a ton of money and just sold a ton of products.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
My wife is now *DEFINITELY* getting an iPhone. She was on the fence before, because $599 was just a tad outside her price range (and she was definitely going to get the 8GB version). But now at $399, she's ready to pull the trigger. Shoot, that's LESS than she paid for her iPod and her Treo650 combined.

Even better tho...at $399, she might let ME get an iPhone, too! :rolling:

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Like they are doing anyone a favor with this $100.00 credit.

You have to spend it at Apple and you most likely spend even more than that.

So they just made themselves a ton of money and just sold a ton of products.
I don't really believe in the big, bad Apple conspiracy.
but that's me...

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
If I was Apple, I would have waited atleast a couple more months before I cut the price. But, it has been said time and time again, those that have to have the newest toys first always pay more.