What's new

iphone

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Good Lord. I just checked Ebay and unlocked 8GB phones are currently going for right around $430!!! One about to sell (under 10 mins) is listed at $476! Freakin' insane.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I decided on getting one. The only problem is I'll be out of state on vacation the day they go on sell. I wonder if it's possible to still purchase one there and then port my number?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hmmm...not sure Eric. Are you with AT&T already or no? Either way, they should be able to set you up I would think. If you can do everything online (as in setting up an account) I see no reason a local store couldn't set you up no matter where you live.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My friend is using his with his T-Mobile SIM card but he doesn't get data. I think he just bought it at an apple store and went home and did the jailbreak thing.

If you already have AT&T it might be similar. Otherwise you can buy it with a temporary number and port your number later.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Well. Went with the Blackberry World Edition. Don't think the boss would have approved the IPhone.

Never the less. Much better phone than the f'in Motorola Q. Though I did not know that you had to but a f'in Blackberry Server for a mainframe system. I get my email but I can't sync my calendar or contacts. I don't have a serial port on my computer at work so I can't hard sync it. Just Great.

Anybody got a clue on these phones and the syncing of them. The phone came with very limited information from Verizon. No manual, just a small information booklet.

Thanks

Last edited:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
My boss has the World Edition and he's had problems with it locking up and muting with about 1 minute into a call. Good luck with it. I've had no problems with my pearl.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I got it the 2nd day (so what, a week-and-a-half ago?) and yeah, it is sweet.

I guess no waiting in line now, eh? LOL I stood in line for 2.5 hours.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The stores around here haven't had any in stock lately, and I've been checking the iphone widget. It seems they are becoming more readily available as the days pass. I imagine within the next couple days I"ll land one.