What's new

Is Heartfelt still around?

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I too bought the 65% beads from heartfelt and mine are reading ~ 70% RH with several different hygrometers.

I have emailed David with no response as well.

My bag for the the 1lb clearly shows 65%. The instructions say they are ready to go out of the package.

That's exactly what I have done. 70%
Same experience as I'm having. I guess he's responsive when he's taking your money, but goes missing when there's a problem to deal with.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I too bought the 65% beads from heartfelt and mine are reading ~ 70% RH with several different hygrometers.

I have emailed David with no response as well.

My bag for the the 1lb clearly shows 65%. The instructions say they are ready to go out of the package.

That's exactly what I have done. 70%
Might be the summer temp/humidity that’s pushing it up a bit. I have a cooler and desktop both running on the same pound of 65% Heartfelt beads. The fully sealed cooler is running at 67% and the glass top desktop is at 69%. I have a second desktop running on 65% Boveda packs that’s struggling to stay under 70%.

Other than the the humidor type and seasonal Rh difference, if you have a bunch of newly ordered sticks in the humi that could be pushing it up too. A lot of vendors ship them pretty wet and it can take time to get that moisture from the sticks to the beads if you’ve introduced a large amount recently.

Probably doesn’t help, but might explained some of the difficulity you are having.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So instead of dumping beads in my humidor. I wanted to make sure they work. (never used them before)

I have been exprimenting with them (1 lb) of beads in a sealed tupperdore with just 1 cigar box in there. empty. no cigars in there. Just beads cigar box and 4 hygrometers.

They have been sitting in there since april. I would think if they were really 65% beads I would have hit 65% by now and not 70%

Either way, it sure would have been nice for David to atleast respond to my email. It's all about customer service.

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Might be the summer temp/humidity that’s pushing it up a bit. I have a cooler and desktop both running on the same pound of 65% Heartfelt beads. The fully sealed cooler is running at 67% and the glass top desktop is at 69%. I have a second desktop running on 65% Boveda packs that’s struggling to stay under 70%.

Other than the the humidor type and seasonal Rh difference, if you have a bunch of newly ordered sticks in the humi that could be pushing it up too. A lot of vendors ship them pretty wet and it can take time to get that moisture from the sticks to the beads if you’ve introduced a large amount recently.

Probably doesn’t help, but might explained some of the difficulity you are having.
Valid points except that I have also tested them against 65% bovedas and get similar results as @TxChevyZ71.
Ambient humidity in the house around 50%, temperature around 75-76. See the attached pics, clearly the beads are not 65%rh. Did this test numerous times, same results. It would be nice if David even responded to the emails, especially when this is prominently displayed on his website All of our Heartfelt Humidification products are 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

2018-05-06 13.39.16.jpg 2018-05-06 12.52.13.jpg

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Keep me in the loop plz. I’ve always had good luck with Heartfelt in the past but will re-evaluate if they have fallen off these days. Thanks to you both for the details.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting, I just got an email from David. We will see. I will report back. I would think I need my beads replaced.
No, I don't think it's my hygrometers. different brands of hygrometers.
If all of my hygrometers are off, then why do they read correct with the Boveda cabilbration back, and the 65% and 72% bovedas?
I don't have pictures like Btort, but I guess I need to take some...
Will report back if and when my issues gets resolved.

In the mean time, is https://www.deltaadsorbents.com/4a-4x8-molecular-sieve-desiccant is this the same like the Heartfelt?

ETA: Sorry, I'm not trying to badmouth anyone here, just trying to ask questions and get my issues resolved. Once, I get resolution, I'll report back.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a years worth of sensor data that that proves in a wood humi the beads are spiky. Wet them and put them in a closed humidor and humidity spikes up. Then you can see a them drop humidity and once they dry, it spikes low. I'm guessing they behave better in a closed environment like a cooler or tupperdor where it ins't in an active environment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the mean time, is https://www.deltaadsorbents.com/4a-4x8-molecular-sieve-desiccant is this the same like the Heartfelt?
No, these are not like Heartfelts, they are same as HCM beads. Heartfelt beads are a silica gel with a salt, such as lithium chloride, added to determine RH equilibrium. HCM or molecular sieves are sodium aluminosilicates that have a specific three dimensional pore size to control absorption of specific compounds. When "charged", mole sieves find their equilibrium ~%65RH.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Valid points except that I have also tested them against 65% bovedas and get similar results as @TxChevyZ71.
Ambient humidity in the house around 50%, temperature around 75-76. See the attached pics, clearly the beads are not 65%rh. Did this test numerous times, same results. It would be nice if David even responded to the emails, especially when this is prominently displayed on his website All of our Heartfelt Humidification products are 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Let me know if you decide to order any of the desiccant beads. I’d split a larger order with you. I’ve got Bovedas and KL in my wineador now, but it’s been a roller coaster ride lately. I’ll be out of the country a couple of weeks in September, so I need some stability.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So an update:
As mentioned before, I did contact heartfelt. After a couple emails, they sent me replacements for my 1 lb of beads.
I just received some replacements last night, I just threw them in the same empty tupperdore to see if they are truly 65%. (after removing the 70% ones)
Hope these are good to go.

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Wow, after a few failed attempts back in May I also got David to respond. I've now got a pound of 65% beads on the way to replace the ones that were supposed to be 65s. Once we finally hooked up, David dealt swiftly to rectify the problem.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Anyone ever have this issue?AEE95B6E-C986-428C-BA4D-E27AAB4D0F72.jpeg
Been trying to get a tupper down below 70% and have had no luck. Tried a number of things thinking it was other factors at work but I’m thinking it might be the humi pack? Never used Bovedas before. Put it in directly out of the new pack I bought, do they need to sweat a bit before they can absorb extra moisture? Rh in my basement is hovering around 70%. My boxes using 65% Heartfelt beads are 65%-67%. Any thoughts?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Anyone ever have this issue?View attachment 118973
Been trying to get a tupper down below 70% and have had no luck. Tried a number of things thinking it was other factors at work but I’m thinking it might be the humi pack? Never used Bovedas before. Put it in directly out of the new pack I bought, do they need to sweat a bit before they can absorb extra moisture? Rh in my basement is hovering around 70%. My boxes using 65% Heartfelt beads are 65%-67%. Any thoughts?
Hmm that's interesting, I have never had issues with Bovida. Is possible that your hydrometer is off a bit?

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Salt test was my next step but I’ve tried 4 with them and they read 65%-67% in the boxes with heartfelt. I’ll double check the calibration later tonight to be sure. Have some 62%ers on the way as well. I’ll give those a go when I get um.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Anyone ever have this issue?View attachment 118973
Maybe the Boveda is fully saturated and doesn't have the capacity to absorb any more? Sounds like a possibility since you are trying to achieve an RH below room Rh. Squeeze all over the Boveda pack. If you don't feel any grittiness in there, that could be the case. I would try leaving some Boveda packs out in a lower Rh for a while to dry out a bit and see what happens. If you could score some used desiccated packs, my guess would be that they would bring your tupperware down to where you want it to be, at least until they too become fully saturated.

Most people talk about recharging Boveda packs, but in your situation, you have to discharge them. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt test was my next step but I’ve tried 4 with them and they read 65%-67% in the boxes with heartfelt. I’ll double check the calibration later tonight to be sure. Have some 62%ers on the way as well. I’ll give those a go when I get um.
If you have any question regarding the quality of Boveda packs, contact them for directly.

I would say the pack is at capacity or your hygrometer is messed up.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Appreciate the info but I’m more of a ‘you’re dead to me kinda guy’. If drying them out a bit doesn’t work I’ll just save the time and headache and stick with the Heartfelt beads that work just fine for me. last thing I need is another headache chasing a vendor. Maybe once I get the deadbeat manufacturer of my two month old water heater to actually honor their warranty and get the piece of junk to stop leaking out the pressure relief valve I’ll have a bit more patience for dealing with manufacturers. Either that or you will see a headline with my pic below that talks about a jersey man getting arrested for throwing a piece of shit water heater through Home Depot’s front window.

end rant.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, beads are not that reliable. They will spike humidity when first wet then show a decline until dry. Then they drop quickly. I have a SensorPush showing the data. When I switched to Boveda, the RH darn near flatlined. The big high/low spike in mid-January was the day the beads left and the Boveda went in. In Dec 2017, was the start of the very cold weather in MN and the air in the house got extremely dry. So in December I added added nearly a pound of 65% beads distributed in small bags around my humidor. All I got was bigger spikes. The graph below has about 180,000 data points over the year. It measures in 10,000ths of a percent of RH and of a degree of temperature. The line turns red when an alert is generated based on the set points I have selected.
23FCC0BD-5489-4A40-98D3-F9F48029A914.png