What's new

Is Heartfelt still around?

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Well, beads are not that reliable. They will spike humidity when first wet then show a decline until dry. Then they drop quickly. I have a SensorPush showing the data. When I switched to Boveda, the RH darn near flatlined. The big high/low spike in mid-January was the day the beads left and the Boveda went in. In Dec 2017, was the start of the very cold weather in MN and the air in the house got extremely dry. So in December I added added nearly a pound of 65% beads distributed in small bags around my humidor. All I got was bigger spikes. The graph below has about 180,000 data points over the year. It measures in 10,000ths of a percent of RH and of a degree of temperature. The line turns red when an alert is generated based on the set points I have selected.
View attachment 119025
.I’ll mess around with the options I’ve got and use what works for me. I’d said it before, I’m not going to take humi control to the level where it becomes a headache and detracts from the enjoyment of the hobby. That’s just me though bother, you keep measuring your 10,000th of a percent with your sensorstick thingie if that’s what blows your skirt up but I have zero interest in being told by you in a blanket statement what’s reliable and what’s not. I’m sure you are very confident in you opinion but please don’t impose it upon others unsolicited, that’s just rude.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Appreciate the info but I’m more of a ‘you’re dead to me kinda guy’. If drying them out a bit doesn’t work I’ll just save the time and headache and stick with the Heartfelt beads that work just fine for me. last thing I need is another headache chasing a vendor. Maybe once I get the deadbeat manufacturer of my two month old water heater to actually honor their warranty and get the piece of junk to stop leaking out the pressure relief valve I’ll have a bit more patience for dealing with manufacturers. Either that or you will see a headline with my pic below that talks about a jersey man getting arrested for throwing a piece of shit water heater through Home Depot’s front window.

end rant.
I hope you get your Boveda working for you. I switched to Boveda and haven’t looked back. I have a 1/2 lb of 65% heartfelt beads I bought a while back but have never used. PM if you need them.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I hope you get your Boveda working for you. I switched to Boveda and haven’t looked back. I have a 1/2 lb of 65% heartfelt beads I bought a while back but have never used. PM if you need them.
Awesome, thanks. I’ve left two packs out to dry a bit because the hygros came back on point. I’ll test the two packs after a few days of drying vs fresh ones and figure if they just ship charged to capacity. I’ll let ya know.