What's new

Is The Rapture "end of Times" Really Here?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the way I am starting to lean myself. Im going to start a small group study in the fall st my church and I'll probably be in the minority....lol.
This is why it's a shame that people like Camping set dates. It only serves to make the pre-tribulation viewpoint look bad when in reality, most pre-tribbers will tell you plainly that the date cannot be predicted. Of course, it's a shame when anybody takes God's word and twists it for their own devices, as it only serves to make Christians as a whole look bad.

If the pre-trib viewpoint is correct, as I believe it is, then we should focus all the more on spreading the message of Christ. But we also need to make sure people know what the prophecy says. The Jewish ruling council, and most Jews didn't accept Jesus because they didn't know the prophets very well. And the Jewish nation as a whole suffered about 1900 years of exile for it. I think it's a good thing that the idea of the rapture, or the harpazo in the original Greek (2 Thess 4:17 "caught up"), is common knowledge. That way those left behind will have a clue as to what happened, and will maybe, possibly, hopefully take a second look at who Jesus really is.

One of the best arguments so for the existence of God can be summed up in one word: Israel.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Jewish ruling council, and most Jews didn't accept Jesus because they didn't know the prophets very well.
Funny, considering the prophets were all Jews. See how Modern religion screws up facts, just like Camping and his "predictions"?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fairness isn't that more evidence for the existence of the United Nations?
That would be like saying a cigar proves the existence of the cigar roller. While that's true, if you go further back, it's proof of the fermenters, the plant the leaves were harvested from, the field they were grown in, and the guy who planted the seed in the first place.

I don't want to get too off topic, so here is an in depth article relating to how modern Israel is a sign of the end times.

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/kelley/why.html

My view is summarized thus: You have a country that did not exist for about 1900 years. A people who were scattered, and are the most persecuted group of people ever to have existed. From Rome in 70AD to Hitler in the 1930s-40s, and everything in between. Not to mention what's going on today. Yet they are back as a nation living in their original land.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Every generation, from the first (the people thought the same thing when Jesus was still alive and right after his death) to now has thought the exact same thing, that "we are in the end times" and given evidence of war, natural disasters, and famine (that just happen to always exist in every generation) as proof.

If you look at the odds (i.e. count the number of generations between then and now), they are really not very good that we just happen to be THE generation that this happens...

~brooks

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I believe the bible is true and if these guys read it they would come accross Mark 13:32 where it says “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

These guys don't know what they are talking about.
Amen brother!! I wish more people knew this.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Think I'm going to have a God of Fire tomorrow. If I'm raptured, it's been great getting to know all of ya. If not, I'll be back to posting again as soon as the product launch I'm working on dies down a bit.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Hello....is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me? Is there anyone at home?

Well it's 6:52...guess it's back to the garage sale!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah, still here in Afganistan. Figured we would have been pretty much "ground zero" for the beginning of the end....:grin:

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
So since the world didn't end all of this guy Harold Camping sites are down now not one of them is working. Wonder how many millions he got from people and now is going to take the money and go run and hide. No one seems to remember when he did this in 1994 also and was wrong that time as well. So hope you kept your cigars and didn't smoke them all. :clap::

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, it STILL COULD HAPPEN AT ANY MOMENT!!! OH NO!!!!

... yeah, whatever. I'll be smoking something as the 6PM deadline rolls around and nothing happens.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mr. Camping is not unlike most people who are out to fleece those he knows can be taken advantage of and there are gullible people who "want" their vision or dreams to be realized and out of their own weakness will follow blindly anyone who preaches something that "gives" them something. The problem is that he is a man who uses a belief in God to sell his 'snake oil' and this gives a black eye to those people who have a true and honest belief in God. People who don't believe will always use this kind of smokescreen to disavow religion or belief of any kind....a real shame.