What's new

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Any opinions on this vehicle. Looking to sell our convertible and I was looking at a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Reliable? Problems? Any experience? This would be a 2011 model. Thanks G1

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I'm a dyed in the wool jeep wrangler guy; I've owned a 2006 and now a 2009 (The Wife has has a 2005 and now a 2009 Liberty). Never had any issues, had almost 100K on the 2006 when I traded in for the 2009. In my experience it runs like a watch and can handle almost anything thrown at it.

I recently looked at the 2011 models, the upgrades and interior finishes are great.

The downside I've found is if you are using it like a car (commuting to work, etc) you are getting much lower gas mileage than you would in a comparably sized car.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I will have another JEEP one day and it will probably be the Wrangler Unlimited. Loved my 97 Wrangler and am very sad I ever decided to get rid of it.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Any opinions on this vehicle. Looking to sell our convertible and I was looking at a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Reliable? Problems? Any experience? This would be a 2011 model. Thanks G1
Funny. I'm no where near making this move, but I've been contemplating the exact same thing.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
LOL, my wife definitely won't go for all that MW3 tagging all over the vehicle. The one I"m looking at is the beige sahara with the mojave package. she doesn't like all the mojave tagging on it as well lol. Kind of reminiscent of the bird on the trans ams back in the late 70's though not as large and obnoxious. G1

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I miss my Wrangler Unlimited. It was an '08 Sahara model. If I could, I would go get another right now.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Really? I just think the bird just didn't go with the car. I kinda like the lizard lol. G1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great offroad, not so great on the highway athough the added HP is a big plus for 2012. I have a 1997 and a 2009 unlimited all decked out. I love them both.

Attachments

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've been eyeing a wrangler as my next vehicle as well. I'd love to have either a Rubicon or Sahara model. I gotta go with the original 2 door though. Oh and those Mojave graphics are a bit much...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am jealous cigarnut! I would love to own a tj or jk rubicon, as well as other vehicles, haha. Get it man! Sexy! I've read the 3.8L is a tad sluggish, but other than that, its a good rig. Its a wrangler, it will perform off road. That's what they're built for. Of course don't expect to tackle crazy moab style trails with a bone stock wrangler.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well, they sold the vehicle over the weekend. Just couldn't' pull the trigger with discussing the details with my wife. Probably just as well. so the search continues. Any opinions on Auto vs Manual? A lot of the one's I've seen are automatic which I thought was weird on a wrangler. G1

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Well, they sold the vehicle over the weekend. Just couldn't' pull the trigger with discussing the details with my wife. Probably just as well. so the search continues. Any opinions on Auto vs Manual? A lot of the one's I've seen are automatic which I thought was weird on a wrangler. G1
I own a huge lifted Cherokee and my dad has 2 lifted jeeps as well and all 3 are automatics. Both auto/manual have their benefits but for me I wanted an automatic for the fear of stalling it when im on cliffs and dont want to roll backwards. But on the down side if I had a manual I could stay in first and crawl up anything I wanted easier. It really doesnt matter what you chose, its all personal preference. And the reason you see more auto's is because thats what consumers in America desire and as a result that is what is built for consumer's preferences.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey N, well I'm getting lazy and I won't' be climbing any rocks so I was preferring automatic. I've had a few friends with CJ's back in the day and I don't' even think they were avail as automatics so I was always assuming that wranglers for the most part were manual with auto available as an option i.e. porsche. Looks like its almost the opposite. On a side note, I did test drive a Toyota FJ which was on the lot and to be honest, that thing drove a lot better than the Jeep's I've driven. I'm not dead set on a jeep. Just looking for something that I won't get stuck in the snow/mud when I'm out at out place in WV but will be a daily driver for me. I'm selling our convertible like I mentioned and will move my current daily driver as well (honda element) so whatever I get has to be 4w/awd, large enough to fit my 2 dogs (140lbs and 90lbs), be reliable so I'm not constantly having to deal with issues (my old Range Rover sucked!!). G1

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hey N, well I'm getting lazy and I won't' be climbing any rocks so I was preferring automatic. I've had a few friends with CJ's back in the day and I don't' even think they were avail as automatics so I was always assuming that wranglers for the most part were manual with auto available as an option i.e. porsche. Looks like its almost the opposite. On a side note, I did test drive a Toyota FJ which was on the lot and to be honest, that thing drove a lot better than the Jeep's I've driven. I'm not dead set on a jeep. Just looking for something that I won't get stuck in the snow/mud when I'm out at out place in WV but will be a daily driver for me. I'm selling our convertible like I mentioned and will move my current daily driver as well (honda element) so whatever I get has to be 4w/awd, large enough to fit my 2 dogs (140lbs and 90lbs), be reliable so I'm not constantly having to deal with issues (my old Range Rover sucked!!). G1
I am a die hard jeeper but I will say those FJ's are damn nice and I want one myself. The new wrangler really is made for onroad but I would honestly take an FJ over it. Both will have no problem at all in the snow.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I don't think the fj is being made past this year or next. I'm on my phone so i can't really research.