What's new

Jobs

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
If you won the lottery for a substantial amount of money, would you keep your job? Discuss....

I would because I enjoy what I do and I wouldn't care if I got fired.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would work less, or go into bussiness for myself. If I had a lot of money and free time, I would get into trouble.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well, i would open a Tobacco lounge.
with a store, bar, herf parlor, hot tub and sauna.
the bar would feature fine dancing girls.
the massage portion would offer multiple happy endings.

"I'm not only the owner, i'm also my best customer!"

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd still work... though I dont know that I would keep my job...

I would start businesses... and learn how to fly so I could go to hella herf's :D

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Gonz has got the right idea! :D I would probably do the same, I like my job but I wiuld probably find something that I truly and thoroughly enjoy and open up my own business. What better business than a cigar shop and lounge. Of course mine would probably have a secret door that would open only for special members leading to the room of forbidden fruit. I'd have a huge dude maybe named Angelo or Guido you'd have get by in order to enter, just for a little added security! :wink:

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey I am in the process of retiring anyway (just over 1 year left) so I would be gone soooooo fast. I would open a cigar lounge.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd open up a smoke shop, or buy into one that is already established and customize it :twisted: And right next door I would open up my gunshop..

Andrew

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I like what I do, just not too crazy about the new management I do it for, so I probably wouldn't even pause to clean out my desk.
I'd probably put my toolbelt back on, hire a couple of carpenters and fix up old houses. No deadlines, no budgets. Maybe do some Habitat for Humanity or something. I couldn't just sit around.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonz said:
well, i would open a Tobacco lounge.
with a store, bar, herf parlor, hot tub and sauna.
the bar would feature fine dancing girls.
the massage portion would offer multiple happy endings.

"I'm not only the owner, i'm also my best customer!"
Not a bad idea :D

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would not continue working with what I am doing now.. I would find something to do that gives me more satisfaction and stimulation.. I don't think I could face having a constant holidy year after year.. what would you then do for a holiday??

I would love being able to run a cigar business that didn't have to rely on earning heaps of money to sustain me.. like a cigar lounge ... were you didn't have to look at the financial liability of the business.. who cares if you make a profit or just broke even if you have more money than you need anyway?

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I think when someone wins a huge lottery amount and they get in front of the camera and say," well I dont think I will quit my job"
They should have the money taken away from them and passed on to whomever came in second place.

Unless they are a highly skilled doctor or does charity work. But if you work a regular job like most of us......take the money and run.

I can imagine me winning 100 million dollars and going to work the next day. No I cant that ,would be absurd. " you want to buy a truck?
No..ok then get the hell out of here! That would be my sales pitch.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I think I'd still work, but I'm not sure I'd continue with my current job - too many hours/stress.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Would definately have "A" job but it would not be my current job. Like above WAAAAY too much stress. 8)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I would start to work in another field. A business of my own of sorts...maybe a cigar lounge with microbrews.